Sign in to follow this  
titch

Terry the new Tele

Just done my WC & noticed this...

5D3A5721-B387-4D0E-AB13-10931048D04B.jpegC2FF1AED-B87C-47D3-9AD4-A3B8F9AAB864.jpeg153F9D07-6837-4ECA-B15A-74402A863562.jpeg1E1CEC40-6C3F-445A-B3D4-FC1510721E12.jpeg40B95EDD-FD2B-4D25-AC84-9222D8DD41EC.jpeg2C896E86-E556-4762-8073-BE65A43A0E29.jpegC9F568C2-0153-4775-9074-517CEAAE3E2D.jpeg6703EA02-3CE3-4145-93F5-4978EF675F64.jpeg04CCDCE0-274D-44EF-B82D-79AD34D54466.jpeg

I know I need to fill in the D&D thread but just wanted to get this on here ASAP, plus doing my it on my phone is a PITA. 

Do you think it’s dropsy or a graze/irritation of some kind? It’s just on the one side behind the gill. He’s clamping slightly too.

We’re a week into QT with 100% WC everyday, no meds so far.

Info to follow. 

Edited by titch

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0 after WC, then approx 0.5 before 
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 20
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature?21*C
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 85 litres
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? No mature filter - just new sponge filter
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? Everyday, 100% (bucket-to-bucket)
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 20 mins ago, 100%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 - 2 x 4” oranda & 1 x 2” telescope
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Varied - so far mix of Northfin, NLS & peas. They’ve had some Repashy soilent green/grub tonight
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? All are new, currently in QT since last Friday 
  • * Any medications added to the tank? None
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. None as yet
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Pineconing on right side behind gill - looks red & sore. Also black marks to right side of face/chin under eye
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Not as active as has been, slight clamping. Not bottom sitting

Could I have caused this while transferring him from tub to tub? He’s small to handle & very feisty when I pick him up.

I planned on starting Fluke Solve tomorrow so was going to start raising the salt level tonight. I’ll wait to hear your recommendations.

Edited by titch

Looks like a bacterial cyst to me. I would treat with Prazi and Metro Med. If that was my fish :) If it pops I would give him .1% salt in his tank :) 

3 minutes ago, koko said:

Looks like a bacterial cyst to me. I would treat with Prazi and Metro Med. If that was my fish :) If it pops I would give him .1% salt in his tank :) 

So not the return of my dropsy curse?!

Am I ok to treat the whole tank incl. the other 2? 

I have seachem metroplex not metro meds, that ok?

Edited by titch
Not reading your post properly - in a panic.

Metroplex is exactly the right choice, and I hope his dropsy resolves soon.  Fluke Solve wouldn’t be a great choice for this unless he is already due for a treatment, in which case I’d recommend doing your entire stock after he is recovered (again, assuming they’re due, which I don’t believe they are?  I wouldn’t prophylactically great for flukes more that one a year or so).

Edited by Arctic Mama

6 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Metroplex is exactly the right choice, and I hope his dropsy resolves soon.  Fluke Solve wouldn’t be a great choice for this unless he is already due for a treatment, in which case I’d recommend doing your entire stock after he is recovered (again, assuming they’re due, which I don’t believe they are?  I wouldn’t prophylactically great for flukes more that one a year or so).

These are all brand new fish, I suggested to treat with both since they are all new and this one has a cyst on it :) Thought it would be good to do the whole thing.

unless we should just do salt and the MetroPlex? 

Just to clarify - I have 5 new fish, split 3 & 2. This tele is one of three together. 

Do I just treat his QT tub or both QT tubs with Fluke Solve & metro? I’d planned on starting their FS treatment tomorrow. 

It would be a good idea to treat them all then, but I wouldn’t do it until Terry is better.  One med at a time is going to be less stressful, unless you feel strongly you want to do it all at once.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Sorry, not sure I understand... who am I treating & with what?

Terry & his tank mates, right? Metro & salt or FS & metro or just metro or metro & salt or just FS?

Can I treat the other tub with FS as I’d planned, yes? Or do you think they ought to be metro’d too?

Sorry, it’s been a long day here & I’m already ready for bed!! It’s only 8:30pm! Zzzzz...

Edited by titch

2 hours ago, titch said:

Sorry, not sure I understand... who am I treating & with what?

Terry & his tank mates, right? Metro & salt or FS & metro or just metro or metro & salt or just FS?

Can I treat the other tub with FS as I’d planned, yes? Or do you think they ought to be metro’d too?

Sorry, it’s been a long day here & I’m already ready for bed!! It’s only 8:30pm! Zzzzz...

She saying that, she would do one med at a time. For Terry.

With this I would treat Terry separately. Put Terry in his own QT and then treat the others in the main tain with the FS :) Since they don't need the Metro :) 

Aw no! I hope Terry recovers fast and fully!

13 hours ago, koko said:

She saying that, she would do one med at a time. For Terry.

With this I would treat Terry separately. Put Terry in his own QT and then treat the others in the main tain with the FS :) Since they don't need the Metro :) 

So....

1. Separate Terry into another QT tank (pah - that'll be 6 tubs in my dining room - hubby will be thrilled!!) and treat with just Metroplex. Or should I use salt too?

2. Treat tub #1 with Hector & No Name and tub #2 with Clint & Pip with FS whilst treating Terry as above.

That right?

8 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw no! I hope Terry recovers fast and fully!

Thanks Mandy, me too :(

Edited by titch

5 hours ago, titch said:

So....

1. Separate Terry into another QT tank (pah - that'll be 6 tubs in my dining room - hubby will be thrilled!!) and treat with just Metroplex. Or should I use salt too?

2. Treat tub #1 with Hector & No Name and tub #2 with Clint & Pip with FS whilst treating Terry as above.

That right?

Thanks Mandy, me too :(

I thought Hector, no name , clint and pip where in the Main tank? 

1 hour ago, koko said:

I thought Hector, no name , clint and pip where in the Main tank? 

No, they’re all new so in QT - only had them for a week. 

Clint & Pip are together and Hector, No Name & Terry are together. Just getting Terry’s QT tub ready now so I can separate him. Probably going to be tomorrow morning before it’s ready tho 🙁

It’s just Piggy in the main tank.

Edited by titch

Scrap that - I’m heating the water up so he can straight in.

He’s moving to a 40 litre tub. For now I’ll go with one scoop of Metroplex with every WC (100% daily) until you tell me otherwise. 

Let me know if I need to use anything else with the metro. 

Edited by titch

3 hours ago, titch said:

Scrap that - I’m heating the water up so he can straight in.

He’s moving to a 40 litre tub. For now I’ll go with one scoop of Metroplex with every WC (100% daily) until you tell me otherwise. 

Let me know if I need to use anything else with the metro. 

Do you have the focus of the Metroplex? If you do you could feed it to him in frozen blood worms :) 

7 minutes ago, koko said:

Do you have the focus of the Metroplex? If you do you could feed it to him in frozen blood worms :) 

I do. How should I prepare them?

Is this instead of dosing the water?

Hope Terry feels better!!! :hug

43 minutes ago, titch said:

I do. How should I prepare them?

Is this instead of dosing the water?

"Use in combination with medication of your choice in a 5:1 (Focus™:medication) ratio by volume. Blend with fresh or frozen food. Feed food as usual, but no more than fish will consume. Use at every feeding for at least five days or until symptoms disappear."

yes hun as some of the med will go into the water of the frozen food that is thawing. so just dump the food and its water in. if you have garlic you can add that too just a little bit :) 

10 hours ago, koko said:

"Use in combination with medication of your choice in a 5:1 (Focus™:medication) ratio by volume. Blend with fresh or frozen food. Feed food as usual, but no more than fish will consume. Use at every feeding for at least five days or until symptoms disappear."

yes hun as some of the med will go into the water of the frozen food that is thawing. so just dump the food and its water in. if you have garlic you can add that too just a little bit :) 

Ok, but will the bloodworm keep once thawed? How long for? Will the meds stay active if added but not fed for a few days, or should I add fresh meds for every feeding?

Do I need to add any water to help the bloodworms thaw or let them thaw naturally before adding the meds?

Terry is tiny, so he’s not going to eat a whole cube in one sitting.

Here he is this morning. He doesn’t look good.

Rapid breathing, bottom sitting & not eating. The area that started pineconing first is bleeding & now the scales on the whole right side are raised.

There’s a lumpy patch to base of his tail & the blackness to face/chin/belly has gotten worse. There are a few white spots on the top of his head.

He’s currently in a 40 litre container with 1 scoop of metroplex.

I have meth blue, should I swab or add salt to 0.1%?

you time zones!!!!!

A2F6A330-41F5-4614-9FA2-9EA1B8193297.jpegC471C72F-85CB-4441-87D5-D588D910D5BE.jpegBCF81815-6AD4-4BDD-AB31-1F14C97B719B.jpeg058366B2-8DE7-4812-A714-32AF7EFE1A83.jpeg9582B6DF-2F41-4CFF-8052-8F72EC5926BE.jpeg

61D3D4FD-97F7-4A1C-B554-C52A11BAE7D2.jpeg

Edited by titch

IM so sorry he isn't doing well Amy. My BEST to him!!! :hug

He’s gone :(

SIP little one. 

Any ideas what caused this? Is it something I did? Want to ensure my other newbies don’t go the same way. 

2 hours ago, titch said:

He’s gone :(

SIP little one. 

Any ideas what caused this? Is it something I did? Want to ensure my other newbies don’t go the same way. 

IM so sorry Amy. RIP Terry.  :hug

Just now, DawnMichele said:

IM so sorry Amy. RIP Terry.  :hug

Thanks Dawn. 

Ever get the feeling that the Gods are trying to tell you something :(