Sign in to follow this  
Justintime

Don’t know what these bumps are

Hello my stepson has an Oranda name is Dylan and he has these lumps on him it started about 6 months ago he was in a 10 gallon tank and nobody did any maintenance to it for a long time so one day I’m in my stepsons room and realize he don’t look too hot so did some research got him a twenty gallon tank and a aqua clear 30 and started doing water changes every other day adding stability, Prime ,Aquarium Salt and his bumps started looking fuzzy so I swabbed them with pimafix api and the fuzz went away since then he went from acting like he was going too goldfish heaven to happy and active but I still can’t get the bumps to go away one of which has no scales on it you can see them trying too grow over it but they stay at the base of the lump

• Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)0ppm
    • * Nitrite 0Level(Tank)0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)5ppm
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)idk i use RO water now
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)idk
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)80ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH ph7.6 and chloramines) ?
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH ?and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?api master test kit drops
      • * Water temperature?72
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?20 gallons 4 months 
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?aqua clear 30 aqua master supreme corner box filter Lee’s I think 
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?50% weekly
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?yesterday 50%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?1 fish 3 inches
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Stability, Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? 2 times a day super gold blood worms frozen brine shrimp frozen and veggies 
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?no
  • * Any medications added to the tank?no
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.pimafix swab and 7 day treatment 2 times a week apart 
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?fungus once it’s gone
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?he did lay on the bottom for a couple days till the clean water changes fixed him up

Sorry I don’t have a camera and this is the best my phone will do I have a kh/gh test on its way from eBay post that soon Dylan is super active eats fine happy fish now but I’d like to see my neglect disappear oh n there is a black spot under the big bump

92F692AC-B705-4C33-A087-526938224B1A.jpeg

9720930E-337E-46C4-9CFC-4733B30C8BCD.jpeg

1D84FFE8-2AAF-4526-B5D8-DB0561F7000E.jpeg

Pictures of filters and tank he has tons of bio media in those

B47BE6EC-411B-477F-A433-36856CE77EAE.jpeg

03E9977F-B8D1-468C-80EB-4EB38147F23E.jpeg

Edited by Justintime

Photos aren't super clear but it looks like a tumor to me. Fairly common. There's no treatment except removal of it surgically once it gets too big. 

Wow so you think he’s safe enough to get a new tank 40 breeder and a buddy my stepsons begging me for a lionchu 

Edited by Justintime

Doesn't look like anything infectious to me. Always quarantine new fish for 30 days before adding to the main tank. A second opinion will be along soon. Hang tight. Oh and can you please grab the fish and feel the protrusions and describe their texture? 

Edited by mjfromga

Yea I sure will I’m out but I’ll do it as soon as I get home thankyou 

Kh and gh if I’m reading this r both 5 drops 89.5 and the bumps feel full of fluid each has a little black dot on it