Sign in to follow this  
thenath

Orange crush is floaty and on its side

2 minutes ago, thenath said:

My concern is orange crush is  in the quarantine tank and not improving but not really guetting worst, what should I do with him?

hes mostly completely upside down 80 % of the time until he sees me than he start swimming.

the metro doesn't seem to do anything, he poos very small bit at a time green from the peas. I only feed him two medicated peas per day.  One side of his body is longer  and hard square looking like the food is stuck there.

I change the water every second day

what is the prognostic? What can I do ?

Ok so we can't find Duckweed ? :( 

It sounds like his swim bladder got infected. If it had deflated then nothing will work. 

So lets try one other thing for him. I would like you to get some frozen blood worms and some garlic. It can be crushed in a jar just make sure it just garlic and juices. 

Then take the blood worms place into a bowl and put some garlic in it. then let it thaw out, once thaw give it to the fish. Turn off all your filters and let the fish eat it all. If not eaten all in 5 mins take the food out. :) 

After calling 12 places no kidding, I've found one that sell duckweed ..most of them told me they got rid of it because it's too invasive and one told me they don't have any because it's not the pond season..

going now to get some..i also have bloodworm and garlic in hand.  

11 minutes ago, thenath said:

After calling 12 places no kidding, I've found one that sell duckweed ..most of them told me they got rid of it because it's too invasive and one told me they don't have any because it's not the pond season..

going now to get some..i also have bloodworm and garlic in hand.  

yeah it grows mostly in the spring and summer times. Yup it is a very invasive plant but goldfish love it a lot and its very good for them :) 

Ok got it but he seem not that interested because it floats?

ive bought also daphnia as the fish place told me even though veggies are the best Daphnia could help push trough what's stuck in his tummy..I won't put it unless duckweed doesn't work after a couple of days. Maybe I could mix that with garlick and duckweed at one point?

Hope Orange Crush feels better.

Thanks Michele, i really wish he was but he's more weak :yawn

3 hours ago, thenath said:

Ok got it but he seem not that interested because it floats?

ive bought also daphnia as the fish place told me even though veggies are the best Daphnia could help push trough what's stuck in his tummy..I won't put it unless duckweed doesn't work after a couple of days. Maybe I could mix that with garlick and duckweed at one point?

Give the Duckweed some time. First time mine saw it they where a little confused but once they get a taste for it and are hungry they will eat it. :) Like Popcorn for ppl :rofl 

:)

Don't want to get my hope to high but he's not upside down today...I had a bad night, I thought I've killed him for a minute when I forgot to turned the heather off for 3 hours and it went to 90 degrees..I ve changed half of the water till it went to 81..I know still too hot but didn't want him to go in shock..my god I've felt terrible.  I can't put a normal heather in the tank as it's too big for half of a 10 gallons and usually I set it up for half an hour but forgot to set it up.

but waking up he's not upside down!!! He still off balance but so much better..can't tell you how happy I am. Did he manage to eat duckweed? Still dont see him eating it so I've decide to mush it with the peas today.

Why do you have a heater in the tank?

Lets just take that heater out of the tank. I don't have a heater at all in my 36 gallon bow front. One day when I was setting up my tank I took Sharons advice and not have a heater in there. Its been this way for about a year and I don't have issues. In fact I believe my goldfish are happier as the water temp goes up and down with my house and then there water temp pretty much matches my water coming out of my tap. So I don't shock there shammies.

Yes goldfish are much more active in heat but your making there system work much faster. So in the long run shortening there lives.

Only use a heater when you have to with Meds or parasites :) 

No it's a heather out of the tank because at night the temperature goes below 70 degrees if I don't do that.  And I've thought the temp should be abit higher when sick and was giving metro.

The heather was too close to the aquarium and i forgot to put a timer

sorry I've explained myself pretty bad in the other post..I did mention I couldn't put a heather inside but didn't explained that I put one out of the tank.

Edited by thenath

36 minutes ago, thenath said:

The heather was too close to the aquarium and i forgot to put a timer

sorry I've explained myself pretty bad in the other post..I did mention I couldn't put a heather inside but didn't explained that I put one out of the tank.

The problem with that is, the temp is going up and down and that causes more stress then colder temps. :) 

Right, won't use it

Edited by thenath

What's the lowest it can go? In the winter it gets pretty cold here in Qc Canada, and the aquarium that I can't move is close to the wall facing outside.

My outdoor fancies endured temps in the 40s and even the 30s and made it through winter just fine. Temps in the 50s and 60s will not harm them. Definitely remove the heater. 

Thanks mjfromga for the information on temperature.  Ive already did since my last post :)

He's still swimming or staying in one spot not upside down anymore soooo that's good! his belly still looks swolling but I guess if he can swim he's better.

4 hours ago, thenath said:

Thanks mjfromga for the information on temperature.  Ive already did since my last post :)

He's still swimming or staying in one spot not upside down anymore soooo that's good! his belly still looks swolling but I guess if he can swim he's better.

Can you get us a photo of him? 

He's back on his side when I'm not wiht him. Should I stop his medication? (metro in water and in his peas mix with duckweed.

I was taking picture with my IPAD but it died last week on me.  My phone probably won't show you anything clear.  I do have another camera , just got to find the charger.

What should I feed him, he probalby can't survive only on peas and duckweed right? one side of hi body is still longer, that seems to me that his still blocked.  Top of head abit paler like white but no spot just paler.

Koko should I try the garlic and bloodworm?  1 clove of crush garlic added to 1 cube of bloodworms?

Edited by thenath

When was the last time you praized this fish? 

about 3 weeks ago only one doze with the others

1 hour ago, thenath said:

about 3 weeks ago only one doze with the others

I would like you to treat again with this fish :) 

Whn changing the water(90%) should I put again prazi ? 

fish always the same, happy to see me eat his peas but then on its side or upside down relaxing.

He does have some green poops, and diarrhea?