Sign in to follow this  
bodoba

QT the pond fish

Hello, this is just a thread to keep up on documenting.

Tub A: 15 gal tub, AC 110 (no filter) for circulation, stock: 3 commons

Tub B: 15 gal tub, bubble disk for circulation, stock: 2 commons

Tx: round 1 of prazi, (plan on 4 rounds) salt at 0.3% for 10 days (or 2 prazi rounds)

Visual exam: there is no visible signs of fluke or ich, no red lines in fins even in the whiteys, no raised scales, no thickened slime coat, There are some missing scales on a few but I am unconcerned about that.

I am available to water change as much as needed. So far once a day 100% water changes is enough but I check the levels q12h just in case I need to do another. Of course if there were other signs indicating a need for fresh water I would do that as well.

I will post photos once they finish the first round on prazi and hopefully they get used to handling a little more.

I am keeping an eye on the white around this fishs' scales areas. They are abrasions that I assume came from a suction struggle with the filter from a power bump (in the pond). I don't see a need for extra treatment. 

image_zps1akbc8ya.jpeg

image_zpsj9pzisen.jpeg

image_zpsjaahrpsw.jpeg

Ouch :( 

I did not have to do a water change today cause the levels were fine but I did one anyways because there was soooo much poop! :rofl

tub A with the 3 fish are all happy and pooping lots I see individual scales missing but nothing like the other guy

Round 1 of prazi and 1 week of salt at 0.3% is done. Round 2 is in and I will do one more week of salt. They still have no signs of flukes as far as I can tell. The orange fella with the open areas seems to have a thicker slime coat nut his wounds seem to be getting smaller. Still doing daily or the odd every other day water changes. They get fed twice a day and seem happy.

i will admit difficulty knowing when the 3 white fish are either just generally pink/red at fin join sites or whether it is an indication of irritation.

Thank goodness I keep this going as I had forgotten how long the prazi had been in!! 2 more days and then we're done round 2 and salt! :)