A couple of Fish Shop Tempters

FishyMandy

• Admin
5 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I really wanted the first one lol I have a thing for red and white fish lately.

me too and Im not much of a Ryukin lover :teehee 

• Supporter

He's definitely got a hump. Id say he is more ryukin than fantail, and the other one they had in there with him that I didn't get a picture of even more so. Either way they were been sold as Ryukins and I definitely think they looked much more ryukin than fantail

He does have a small hump. Can't tell his size. Chances are he's just poor quality like my Axe. He's a Ryukin, but his shape isn't good. Some fish from the same spawn had excellent Ryukin shapes. He just doesn't. Same as the fish here. People tend to charge more for Ryukins than fantails so I often call weak shapes or poor humps on Ryukins mixes. They may not be, but I just tend to do that lol. 

GEDC0884_zps56odv0yr.jpg

IMG_20170914_112737.jpg

IMG_20170831_173201.jpg

I definitely don't like the mega extreme Ryukins. They don't move well. They're too big and too humpy. But I like round fish. The more compact bodied, the better generally for me so the long peduncle and huge face that gives the first fish that elongated look isn't ideal to me. Pretty color and fins, but don't like the shape much. We each like different things though which is all good.