Jump to content

New Fish!


FishyMandy

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

I was just thinking how strange to have pond fish hatching with Winter coming. Nearly impossible to survive ... unless your located in the South hemisphere? 

Well done with those pictures!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Admin
5 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Thanks guys! And Yep I'm in Australia so Its coming into the warm weather now

Love is in the air.... Every where you look in Aussie :tomuch: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporter

@koko Can I have another egg in my awards? :angel:

 

Here they are eating Hikari First Bites. Id rather feed them Baby Brine Shrimp but my eggs are refusing to hatch :madrant Using exact same method as I always have but this batch just doesnt wanna hatch

 

g8h85Zc.jpg

 

a5yICin.jpg

 

t7nodAf.jpg

 

LIJx8E2.jpg

CfmcS9I.jpg

 

Edited by FishyMandy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Awwwwww so ugly. I hate this parasite looking stage lol. Hopefully they grow into some nice fish. And this isn't being rude but the comet sure does have some "buggy" eyes compared to the Shubunkin. Is she always like that? Just wanted to point out in case you missed it and its atypical for her. Pretty fish BTW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
4 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Yea, she's had big eyes ever since I got her so is normal for her.

 

I love this stage lol I think they are adorable

Me too. I think they are just so cute at this stage :) 

I wonder if she has tele in her or if just that orange makes the eye stand out more, I just love her color :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
20 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

 

 

 Id rather feed them Baby Brine Shrimp but my eggs are refusing to hatch :madrant Using exact same method as I always have but this batch just doesnt wanna hatch

 

 

You could try feeding them mosquitos, they are easy to grow (just do not tell neighbors).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
9 hours ago, mikroll said:

You could try feeding them mosquitos, they are easy to grow (just do not tell neighbors).

yeah I don't want them... I got some in the back if you guys want me to send you some :tomuch: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporter

My brine shrimp still wont hatch :madrant

Im using exaxt same method as I always have and am having zero luck. The little guys arent taking as well to the first bites and arent active :c soo frustrating 

 

I know there is one that is really crooked, he'll have to be culled in the first lot,poor guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
9 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

My brine shrimp still wont hatch :madrant

Im using exaxt same method as I always have and am having zero luck. The little guys arent taking as well to the first bites and arent active :c soo frustrating 

 

I know there is one that is really crooked, he'll have to be culled in the first lot,poor guy. 

Dude thats not good. How about some egg yoke :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Foods that I have used with success are:  live new hatch mosquitos, live Daphnia., small brothers,  live new hatch brine shrimp. and all the other micro  critters, zooplankton, in the pond. but when they are not to be had have to resort to manufactured foods. decapsulated brine shrimp  eggs, this can be made from eggs which do not hatch too., Excellent !. , tried chicken yellow part of egg boiled, not so good. white part of egg steamed a little, good. and for new hatched about day 5 + , milk. just a drop in the tank at a feeding. this works well. later when they are bigger better stuff such as anchove paste , tuna bits and paste of spinach if needed.  Please note that this is some of  what I and friends have used to grow our fish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
1 hour ago, mikroll said:

Foods that I have used with success are:  live new hatch mosquitos, live Daphnia., small brothers,  live new hatch brine shrimp. and all the other micro  critters, zooplankton, in the pond. but when they are not to be had have to resort to manufactured foods. decapsulated brine shrimp  eggs, this can be made from eggs which do not hatch too., Excellent !. , tried chicken yellow part of egg boiled, not so good. white part of egg steamed a little, good. and for new hatched about day 5 + , milk. just a drop in the tank at a feeding. this works well. later when they are bigger better stuff such as anchove paste , tuna bits and paste of spinach if needed.  Please note that this is some of  what I and friends have used to grow our fish.

Never thought of Milk but it would make since. Im going to have to try that one when I get fry :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
3 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

Thanks! I didnt know I could just feed them the unhatched eggs!

You CAN NOT just feed unhatched eggs. That will kill them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...