• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 31/10/2017 at 9:37 AM, DawnMichele said:

Hope your back feels better. Abstract.

Thankyou Dawn!  I went with an abstract lighthouse.  Painkillers muddle brain so should be very abstract 😂

• Admin
11 hours ago, Acro said:

:no:  :doh11:  Minds in the gutter!

Actually, when I re-read it, I saw "Moth Balls" (those smelly things people put in closets to keep away pest moths).  So I guess it's the mix of words that play off each other?  Interesting either way.  :P 

:lol:rofl 

3 hours ago, Hidr said:

We don't have any out here.  I live on 27 acres so kind of way out side the city.

WOW thats a lot I thought a 1/4 acer was big. How do you take care of that much :thud 

When it rains, it pours. Went to the dentist with horrid mouth pain. My other wisdom has broken like my previous one did that they extracted a few years ago. But this one is to the point where they can't pull it like they did the other one. I will have to be put under and the tooth cut out.... Fun. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

When it rains, it pours. Went to the dentist with horrid mouth pain. My other wisdom has broken like my previous one did that they extracted a few years ago. But this one is to the point where they can't pull it like they did the other one. I will have to be put under and the tooth cut out.... Fun. 

I had that done on two of mine. The day before Turkey day :yikes 

Right before Thanksgiving!  Were you able to eat anything?

I may have to get a wisdom tooth removed . . . one that never really came up.  I'd have to get oral surgery!  I'm really trying to find ways around it but I don't know if there are many . . .

Edited by Acro

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Acro said:

Right before Thanksgiving!  Were you able to eat anything?

I got to eat mashed potatoes :lol 

8 minutes ago, Acro said:

I may have to get a wisdom tooth removed . . . one that never really came up.  I'd have to get oral surgery!  I'm really trying to find ways around it but I don't know if there are many . . .

:yikes 

Since I don't want to talk about my possible oral surgery, I will skillfully chance the subject . . . anyone have plans for Thanksgiving?  :D

• Admin
55 minutes ago, Acro said:

Since I don't want to talk about my possible oral surgery, I will skillfully chance the subject . . . anyone have plans for Thanksgiving?  :D

Making stuff thats about it for us :) 

Sounds like a good yummy plan.

As for me, I'm hoping to not have to work Thanksgiving and a day or two before or after.  We'll see what days they schedule me with.  If I have it off, I'll visit family in FL.  If I have to work, then I'm stuck here.  lol

Edited by Acro

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Acro said:

Sounds like a good yummy plan.

As for me, I'm hoping to not have to work Thanksgiving and a day or two before or after.  We'll see what days they schedule me with.  If I have it off, I'll visit family in FL.  If I have to work, then I'm stuck here.  lol

My family are in ID and Wa. I can't really visit my Dad in WA as my Step mom is on a Kidney machine and I have to be very careful Justine isn't carrying a bug or it can cause issues :( 

15 minutes ago, Acro said:

Thanks DawnMichele!  Doing well over here.

How about you?  Hope you are happy!!!!  :D

Hey Acro!!! Glad your doing well!!! IM doing great thanks for asking and IM happy!!! :D

7 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Oh no!!! Sorry to hear that!!! Hope you feel beter Myra!!!  :hug

21 hours ago, koko said:

:lol:rofl 

WOW thats a lot I thought a 1/4 acer was big. How do you take care of that much :thud 

I don't own it I just rent from a friend.  But hubby does some with a mower. Around the two homes. About an acre of it. 

The rest of the front part with a bush hog about 3 times a year (my friends daughter does that most the time with her tractor.)and the back part once a year at most.  Letting part of that go to woods for the deer. Also have two ponds on the property.  We tend the front catfish pond.  Nobody does much of anything to the back one.  It is harder to get too.  We did put some catfish in it.

Are the catfish for food or just pet pond fish? 

I remember Mississippi catfish, they are sooo yummy!  But maybe yours aren't the eating kind?

Catfish are a scavenger junk fish. They say all the toxins get in through the skin of the fish and that the fish isn't safe to eat when from most waters. Farmed catfish should be safe but wild caught from random waterways I wouldn't trust. 

Well I don't know where the catfish I ate came from (when I had them in Mississippi), but from what I understand, most catfish served for food are now farm raised. 

Edited by Acro

• Helper

I'm not a fish eating person at all. I'll eat fish and chips occasionally, and tuna, but that's about it. My mum is allergic to seafood so I wasn't bought up eating it and most of it I just can't stand the thought o eating :rofl It just looks yucky to me :rofl