Sign in to follow this  
mygoldfishmylife

Pop eye or ulcer?

59072d3d34d1a9d2a73268bbd1287a03.jpg5e91e02ebd67778a5585287e3a22d622.jpgfee08f15c16de7fdf7f72696711eb6c3.jpg4bbb378aa20b44157efd71bae3623b06.jpg77d9589980d53436a4c1018b7cda174b.jpgef2cf7a648fdf75c478ccbb5cc7cb75b.jpg08b935fcfce0ee8f6cea14c061bbfe5a.jpg

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0 (takes about a day to reach 0)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)0

* Nitrate level(tank) 20

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api drops

* Water temperature??

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 gal, 6 months (quarantine)

* What is the name and "size of the filter"s)? Aqueoun 10/15

* How often do you change the water and how much? 70%, every week

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?70%, 2 days ago

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1, 6 in??

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime️

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Pellets, 6 times a week and also sometimes peas

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank? kanaplex for about a month, but stopped when the red went away 2 weeks ago.

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

maracyn 3 months ago, now kanaplex

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Cloudy red eye (swollen????) and used to be a red gill on one side, she kind of just hovers and doesn't swim around much, eats normally

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Not much movement, cloudy eyes, one bigger than the other

I posted about this before, but his eye has gotten bigger. I've quarantined him from the main tank almost 6 months ago and he's not getting any better. I am thinking of starting rounds of prazi in case there is an infestation causing the swelling. Any advice in the right direction would be appreciated (because I dont know what I'm doing)! Thank you(:

Hope he feels better soon.

Doesn't look like something that will go away. Doesn't seem to be hurting the fish. It's an aesthetic issue. I say don't bother with it at all. 

On 10/6/2017 at 5:22 PM, mjfromga said:

Doesn't look like something that will go away. Doesn't seem to be hurting the fish. It's an aesthetic issue. I say don't bother with it at all. 

Do you think it's fine if I move him back to the main tank then? I'm scared it might pop or it may get worse. Should I do rounds of prazi on the main tank after I move him back? (I just finished my 3rd round for him in the q-tank.)

Yes just move him back. We don't think this will respond to any treatment. 

Okay I will do that tonight! What can I do about the redness in the gills? After the 3 prazi rounds it's still kind of there. You can see it in the first and second pictures, and I'll send you new pictures tonight. 

Looks like you've gotten rid of some of that stuff on the bottom. Good! Can you point out the gill issue? I don't see it. He looks okay. Just keep an eye on water parameters and possibly switch them to a richer/better food. What do you feed them again and how much? 

Looks like you've gotten rid of some of that stuff on the bottom. Good! Can you point out the gill issue? I don't see it. He looks okay. Just keep an eye on water parameters and possibly switch them to a richer/better food. What do you feed them again and how much? 

Maybe you're right haha I'm being paranoid about it because someone in a post I made in the past said that his gills showed that there was an infection

da0740fa95a8f8392d3474f8f4477d2f.jpg
250f75f311fbfb2d9379b73e8ffc6f6a.jpg
4305100e6a182964e96c1f9e05f85738.jpg

Im feeding them tetrafin flakes, a pinch every other day. Should I feed them more?

That doesn't look like an issue to me. A pinch of flakes every other day really isn't enough. We suggest a solid pellet food for goldfish fed at least once daily. Omega One and New Life Spectrum are popular ones. 

Okay thank you very much!! You finally put my mind at ease I can't wait to finally put him back in the main tank after almost a year (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk