Sign in to follow this  
Mothercrow

Eating a Snail

My common goldfish just appeared out of nowhere and swallowed a ramshorn snail whole. I'm stunned. I don't know if I should give him a pea now, or what.

I just don't even know what to say. I thought he was going to choke on it, it was probably about 1/4 inch diameter. I didn't even know his mouth was that big. That's all. I just had to share my astonishment.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Haha oh wow! I remember a few years ago my common, Dudits, ate a long thick twig, I actually tried to catch him to get it out lol I thought the was no way he could get it down. Turns out he could! 

Chrissie

14 hours ago, Mothercrow said:

My common goldfish just appeared out of nowhere and swallowed a ramshorn snail whole. I'm stunned. I don't know if I should give him a pea now, or what.

I just don't even know what to say. I thought he was going to choke on it, it was probably about 1/4 inch diameter. I didn't even know his mouth was that big. That's all. I just had to share my astonishment.

I had a goldfish do that to a small Apple snail. Yup goldfish will try and put anything in there mouth, kinda like a 2 year old kid :rofl 

Haha oh wow! I remember a few years ago my common, Dudits, ate a long thick twig, I actually tried to catch him to get it out lol I thought the was no way he could get it down. Turns out he could! 
Chrissie
I was chasing him, too! That's when I realized he had outgrown my fish net. So I'm yelling, "Spit it out! Spit it out!" And I'm trying to chase him with a ladle, which was all I could think of. I was trying to tell if he was choking, and thinking, "Oh my gosh, I'm actually going to have to use the fish Heimlich manuever and my family is going to make fun of me for FOREVER". But he hunkered down in a corner until he got it down, and then he came out with this innocent look on his face, like, "What? Why are you yelling?"

He's still alive and eating today, so I guess the shell was soft enough for him to squish.

33 minutes ago, Mothercrow said:

I was chasing him, too! That's when I realized he had outgrown my fish net. So I'm yelling, "Spit it out! Spit it out!" And I'm trying to chase him with a ladle, which was all I could think of. I was trying to tell if he was choking, and thinking, "Oh my gosh, I'm actually going to have to use the fish Heimlich manuever and my family is going to make fun of me for FOREVER". But he hunkered down in a corner until he got it down, and then he came out with this innocent look on his face, like, "What? Why are you yelling?"

He's still alive and eating today, so I guess the shell was soft enough for him to squish.

sorry that was funny :rofl 

My fish eat snails all the time, which is a good thing because I already have a ton of snails in the pond, I'd hate to think what it was like if they weren't keeping the population in control :rofl

Chris here...  OMG!!!  Holly crap!!! I'm as astonished as you are Mothercrow...  I'm beginning to think these little stinkers live to freak us out in new ways... :krazy:

:P 

sorry that was funny :rofl 
It's okay, I know I'm ridiculous. It's my way.

They really are like 2 year olds, aren't they? I'm going to have to baby-proof my tank
Chris here...  OMG!!!  Holly crap!!! I'm as astonished as you are Mothercrow...  I'm beginning to think these little stinkers live to freak us out in new ways... :krazy:

But I think that's what we love about them. What kind of crazy thing will they do next? And then they give you that innocent look and you have to laugh!

37 minutes ago, Mothercrow said:

It's okay, I know I'm ridiculous. emoji38.png It's my way.

They really are like 2 year olds, aren't they? I'm going to have to baby-proof my tankBut I think that's what we love about them. What kind of crazy thing will they do next? And then they give you that innocent look and you have to laugh! emoji1.png

:rofl Oh I want to see this. Baby gates and door locks :rofl:tomuch: 

Hahahaha Mothercrow, that's halarious! I love the way they send us into a frenzy and then just give us the look 'why all the panic?' Hehe