A blue what?

mjfromga

My blue Oranda Tarako held the color for almost a year and still has it. I don't know if blue is a baby color but I know some fish grow out of it. But I'm just wondering what TYPE of goldfish this is. It's REALLY not shaped like an Oranda. Maybe it's just a wonky one. 

• Admin
48 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

My blue Oranda Tarako held the color for almost a year and still has it. I don't know if blue is a baby color but I know some fish grow out of it. But I'm just wondering what TYPE of goldfish this is. It's REALLY not shaped like an Oranda. Maybe it's just a wonky one. 

I can't see the wen well. Im almost thinking fantail :) 

1 hour ago, FishyMandy said:

I'm thinking fantail as well, either way she is stunning, I really want a 'blue' fish, but I only ever seen them when I'm fully stocked lol

I love blue fish and I rehomed my only one trying to make space for a special fish at the show... Only to horribly miss him and regret it. I grabbed this one impulse when I saw her.

And I'm probably going to have to put down Shembje (my absolute favorite fish) sooner than I'd hoped so another blue fish really would be nice. She may not stay blue. Tarako is still a vivid blue almost a year later. But he's an Oranda. 

Good news is the nice guy I gave the boys to I ended up pestering him enough checking on them that he offered to give them back XD so I'm headed there today to get my boys back. 

2 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw thats so nice you can get them back! And I'm sorry about Shembje

He even refused to let me give him his money back. He was so happy to see someone care so much he gladly offered them back to me. He's super nice. 

And yeah I've had her about a year now... Her little collapsed mouth that she had when I got her is getting worse. You can see the side collapsed almost all the way in now as compared to before. She is still okay but I don't suspect it'll be long before it blocks her mouth off entirely and she can't eat anymore. 

IMG_20170914_112616.jpg

59178bf44142f_DSCN1691_zpsoouarf2b(2).jpg.c002754a5050e084e33c55c84ad32025.jpg

8 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw! She is a stunner, you do such a great job growing your fish!

Thank you. She reminded me of my Boo Boo fish. Still does. She's very friendly and the goofy mouth issue Boo Boo had as well. And she and Boo Boo were both mostly blue female fish. I hope she can live with the issue a while longer. I won't let her suffer though. 

Ulliri and Axe the Ryukins photo bombing... 

Edited by mjfromga

• Supporter

I know how it feels to know you are eventually going to have to make that decision, My Luka has swimming issues that are gradually getting worse. He is happy at the moment though.

I saw a fish online the other day I really wanted,  it reminded me of two of my old favourite fish, Google, and Cali. It was like a mix between them, but I couldn't afford it and don't have space :(

I hope that Shembje can be with you for a while yet!

Thanks. Little delay but I'm going over to grab my boys today and give a big THANK YOU to the guy for being so nice. 

I put Theresa here in some green water and temps will be 80+ for the next week or two here still so hopefully she will come along. Not sure what sort of fish she is or what she will grow to be but I sure do love her.