Walmart Betta

mjfromga

Went to Walmart. Did a grand job of not getting a goldfish. Waiting for show. Might find pretty fish. But I saw a sad little dude. He was bottom sitting and listing to the side a bit. But when I came up to him he said HI! I ended up getting him. I already love him and want to care for him well. I've never had a Betta and not too well versed on them. Surprisingly, he perked up a ton while floating in his cup and then released. His name is Novae (NO - VAH - YAY)

IMG_20170901_125213.jpg

IMG_20170901_125154.jpg

He's hard to photograph, much harder than goldies. I'll have to get out my camera and try again. Everything came out POTATO quality on my phone. I put another thermometer beside the digital one just to make sure the temps matched to ensure his tank stays the right temp. Crushed up some of the goldies treats to feed him too. He liked those. 

IMG_20170903_152115.jpg

• Admin
2 hours ago, mjfromga said:

He's hard to photograph, much harder than goldies. I'll have to get out my camera and try again. Everything came out POTATO quality on my phone.

I had the same issue when we had our betta, just to hard move to fast :rofl 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Here he is today. His tank has some diatoms... Mostly on his bowl. I have cleaned it (note how it's crooked) but it keeps returning... I want to remove the bowl entirely but Novae still loves it so I just left the grimy thing. 

Edited by mjfromga