Suggestions on what I should get?

• Helper

So my betta died today, leaving me with a 15 gallon/60 litre tank.  I already have 7 corys in it that were housed with the betta. 

I thought about getting another betta, but I've just had awful luck with them and would like to try something else.

I currently have a HOB that does 190litres per hour and an internal filter rated at 350 litres per hour, but am planning on upgrading to a single, bigger HOB because I want to use the small HOB on another tank and I'm not a fan of this internal filter.

SO, I'm looking for something that can live with my corys,, I'd like something colourful and easy to care for.

I've always wanted neon tetras but I'm still undecided on them, I've also always wanted glass catfish but I see my tank isn't big enough for them

I don't really mind if it's a group of fish or a single fish, just looking for some ideas. I know I'm fairly limited with tank size

• Admin
24 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

Ooh wow I didn't realize. I had been using aqadvisor to try to work out stocking :o 

Me either but I know Hidr has kept a lot of fresh water fish :thumbs: 

• Helper

I wonder if I can get a bigger tank because I'd really like something other than just cories. I'd actually like more cories lol.

Im still quite new to tropical fish so am still learning stocking. I find so much conflicting information lol

Edited by FishyMandy

• Helper

It's almost more confusing than learning about goldies :rofl

The tank just looks so empty now lol. I mean before i had a ton of guppies in there, got rid of them and got the betta and he filled the empty space but without him it looks like there is nothing in there lol

• Admin
12 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

It's almost more confusing than learning about goldies :rofl

The tank just looks so empty now lol. I mean before i had a ton of guppies in there, got rid of them and got the betta and he filled the empty space but without him it looks like there is nothing in there lol

Isn't that the truth :rofl 

5 hours ago, fingers said:

A shoal of Cardinal tetras looks stunning!!!! 

Oh yeah forgot about those :thumbs: 

Do you have live plants?  They might help it look less empty.  Also helps with the over stocking.  That aqua thing has always been wrong IMO.  It seem to go by baby fish size I think or something.

If you want an interesting native, try spotted blue eyes. They produce very little waste, so, in my opinion, you can get away with stocking a small school (8-10) even if you're stocked. You probably won't find them locally, but if you go online to Aquagreen or Liverpool Creek Aquariums, they both sell them. If they're not listed on their sites, send them an email, they usually have some. 

Edited by Daniel

17 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Hi Daniel! They are actually one of the fish I was considering! They are so pretty. Thanks!

They're very sweet little fish. They occupy the top third of the tank mostly, so a good fitting lid or some floating plants is preferable.