Sign in to follow this  
ABB63

Fish drawings

Hey all, I've been drawing fish recently and would love to do commission work if you'd like a drawing of yours. These are the three drawings I have hanging over my tank.

Ann

IMG_2606.JPG

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by ABB63
Typo

Thank you. The color makes them so much fun to draw. And, you get to capture their personality. 

I love my kids, Coco and Cheetos. I was like many others who bought 1" goldfish not understand their future size and their care. This forum has made me a good mom for these two. 

:yikes 

DUDE!

Im very impressed. I wish I could do something like that, mine always look like they where made by a 2 year old :rofl 

Thanks koko.  It helps that I love how beautiful fish are.  I've been blessed to be trained as an artist so now I can use it To draw things I love. 

Here is my first cat named Mandy that I lost last year at 16 y/o. I cried my way through this one ...  lol

IMG_2645.JPG

you did that :o wow 

I would cry too. I lost my baby of 17 years right before my little girl was born. He was my best friend, so I know that pain :heart 

Such a pretty kitty too :):hug 

54 minutes ago, ABB63 said:

Here is my first cat named Mandy that I lost last year at 16 y/o. I cried my way through this one ...  lol

IMG_2645.JPG

Oh my! You are super talented. They're so life like. 

Mandy was gorgeous - what a lovely way to have her memory forever. 

Thanks for such nice comments. If any of you have some great photos of your fish I'd love to see them. It would be nice to have more photos to draw from. I have  not been able to get good photos of my own fish to go bye.  I'll have to mess with my camera on a tripod   

pbubble.jpg

phh.jpg

phtop.jpg

Lovely art style!  I'd never be able to do traditional medium art-I like my 'undo' button with digital ^^

How much do you charge for commission? Charge by hour, complexity, or canvas size?

What size are those example works and what medium used (water color)?

Are you willing to ship finished commission (with or without framing?-client pays for)

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but I like your style and am seriously considering commissioning you if I can dig up some good (in focus/unblurred) photos for referencing.

Edited by AquaAurora

On Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 11:18 AM, ABB63 said:

Thanks koko.  It helps that I love how beautiful fish are.  I've been blessed to be trained as an artist so now I can use it To draw things I love. 

IMG_2645.JPG

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The detail's are INCREDIBLE!!!

Hey all, I am traveling on business at the moment but had the chance to speak to a professional artist friend to get advice on estimated pricing, hours per drawing and the shipping requirements. The example I posted are 8x10 pastel drawings. Being pastel they will need to be shipped carefully. They will be originals that I was planning on Shipping finished 8x10 size so they could be put into a standard frame that you could purchase based on your personal preference (from places like Micheals or frame shops).

Now that I know there is interest let me get the answers to your questions pulled together.