Sign in to follow this  
Danae

Fancy goldfish with bulge on side

44 minutes ago, Danae said:

This thing started growing on the fish since i started treating with esha exit, could it have anything to do? I use salt this time to avoid stressing them with medicines. Wouldn't the salt kill the bacteria if there are any? The white pimple near his head is there for a long time, i don't know what it is

White pimple looks like a tumor, Mine has the same thing, just keep an eye on that. No that med wouldn't cause this. This is an inside infection, most likely the fish had it already. :( 

I see.. should i do anything else now, or just the water changes? 

3 hours ago, Danae said:

I see.. should i do anything else now, or just the water changes? 

For now I would just keep an eye on him. If anything you could add some salt but its not really going to do anything since this is all inside the fish :( 

I already added some salt for the velvet, but it doesn't seem to do anything to the bulge

i think that the bulge is getting quite large now and what would normally happen if this is a bacteria cyst, that it will either be reabsorbed by the fish and all will be well, or it will surface and burst. but i don't know if you are able to see a white sphere like mass at that site. sometimes some really vibrantly coloured fish can't display them due to their skin colour.

i am noticing some swelling overall and wonder if you can dissolve a half teaspoon of Epsom salt for every 10 gallons of water (allow to cool) and then add that to the tank. do this for 5 consecutive days. the epsom salt is a good medicine to help flush the excess fluids from the fish and may help any cyst to either reabsorb or burst.

Yes it is more swollen than the other days. White mass you mean on the scales or underneath? The colour under the scales at that area is lighter, i thought it was skin stretching. I used epsom salt once on a goldfish i had long ago with dropsy and it died, so i am afraid to use it again. There is already salt in the tank, isn't there going to be a problem if i add epsom salt too?