Sign in to follow this  
georgelee92

LFS disease

FYI. This is not my fish. I saw at one of my LFS a tank full of this white stuff on the tails of the goldfish. It's only shown on the tail. Some of the fish were listless bottom sitting and separated from others. Is that ich? Doesn't look like salt grains to me. Looks like some fungus or something.I know it's probably hard to diagnose at all without the LFS water parameters, but what's you're best guess? 

image-899f0426689ba302e1b750922fbc0254_v_1401703926.jpg

image-d502680226a450efdc70e227f1f106bf_v_1401702977.jpg

I have seen these over and over again. I don't know exactly what they are but I know that if you stop over feeding them and also make sure the filters are clean all the time. I wouldn't happen. If I had a fish that showed me this I would treat it and the tank with Acriflavine.

to me they look like contact sores. ie, i have seen these on mostly bottom sitting fish. the second picture shows clamped fins. this fish and it's tank mates might have a parasite infestation such as flukes, causing them to be unhappy and unwell and a sign that secondary infection may be starting.  second scenario can be a water quality issue. i don't think it's fungus.

Not fungus. I've seen this only on sick fish too. There's little you can do without parameters and knowing how they maintain the tanks. Give them a crash course on care and don't buy from them. Best advice I can give here.