What kind of goldfish is this?

georgelee92

10 hours ago, georgelee92 said:

Is this a ranchu/lionchu/lionhead? 

10 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

He is a cutie!!!!  :wub:

I think the scientific name is Maximus Cutieness. He's adorable!

I need help!!! This baby ranchu is terrible at swimming compared to my other goldfish, even compared to my pearl scale. I've noticed that his pectoral and caudal fins are quite small. Even when I target feed him by dropping food in front of him, he misses it 50% of the time or gets snatched by my other goldfish. I'm not sure what else I can do for him. Funny thing is he seems really fat when I bought him. How can he be so bad at getting the food?  The other fish are literally having a buffet and on the verge of being overfed. 

His tank mates are pearl scale, oranda, and lionhead.

Edited by georgelee92

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2017 at 0:00 PM, georgelee92 said:

I need help!!! This baby ranchu is terrible at swimming compared to my other goldfish, even compared to my pearl scale. I've noticed that his pectoral and caudal fins are quite small. Even when I target feed him by dropping food in front of him, he misses it 50% of the time or gets snatched by my other goldfish. I'm not sure what else I can do for him. Funny thing is he seems really fat when I bought him. How can he be so bad at getting the food?  The other fish are literally having a buffet and on the verge of being overfed. 

His tank mates are pearl scale, oranda, and lionhead.

How are you going with him? I hand fed a black moor when all the food was being snatched up my faster swimmers. Or maybe you could scoop him into a little container for feeding?

• Admin
9 minutes ago, ChrissieA said:

How are you going with him? I hand fed a black moor when all the food was being snatched up my faster swimmers. Or maybe you could scoop him into a little container for feeding?

I turn off my filters when Im feeding. My Moor isn't the brightest fish in the tank and my Ranchu will get to it first. So by turing it off it gives him some time to find some food :)