Swollen eye and red blood streaks

vear

• Admin
9 minutes ago, vear said:

I found the maracyn two!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Okay lets just get her started on that.

They may or may not get it, if they where in there already when this fish got sick they may not be a sensitive to what has happened. So we can put them back in there and keep an eye out. You can also get on Amazon or at a Health food store Colloidal Silver and we can put it in the main tank to keep the bacteria down and watch them that way too.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isolate the sick fish. The others will just pick on her anyway and make her worse. Do not treat the healthy fish with the medication. It may not be safe for pleco fish anyway. Put the sick one in the smaller hospital tank. 

• Admin
Just now, mjfromga said:

Isolate the sick fish. The others will just pick on her anyway and make her worse. Do not treat the healthy fish with the medication. It may not be safe for pleco fish anyway. Put the sick one in the smaller hospital tank. 

They are all separated :)

The other fish are in the QT and this one in the main. So I suggested for her to switch the fish around. Treat the main with Silver :) 

• Admin
Just now, mjfromga said:

Agree. Don't feed the fish much in the hospital tank. It'll just foul the water quicker and I doubt she wants to eat much now anyway. 

Oh you reminded me.

I would only feed the fish with Garlic infused blood worms. This will always make them eat and garlic is great for the immune system :thumbs: 

Oh you reminded me.
I would only feed the fish with Garlic infused blood worms. This will always make them eat and garlic is great for the immune system :thumbs: 
Ok thank you. Do they sell them that way?

She's in the 10 gallon now, started the maracyn. aa660180c06412327f28bbf8ff5290cc.jpg957fc137d85c6d6b091afad14d488e7b.jpg

She's pretty old. That is ugly pop eye and her color looks washed out. Can you take a photo from the top view of the fish please? Where do you live? 
Her color is definitely washed out. I uploaded the pic on my previous reply.

• Admin
2 hours ago, vear said:

Ok thank you. Do they sell them that way?

No you just get frozen blood worms. Then I get a jar of my all ready diced Garlic. Place the blood worms in a cup then add about 1/8 teaspoon of garlic juice. Stir and let it set for about 5 mins. Then feed. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, mjfromga said:

I would go with Metronidazole (Metroplex, Hikari Metro +, or API General Cure). Kanamycin (Kanaplex) would be the second choice. Nitrofurazone (Furan-2), Triple Sulfa (Tri Sulfa), or Oxytetracycline (Ken's Fish has a good pellet and Angels Plus makes good powder) would be my next choices. I can't honestly say I've seen Maracyn 2 used on advancing infections with much luck. Regular Tetracycline I've seen work on Betta fish and other small tropicals, but it doesn't seem to do much for goldfish. 

I agree I would go ahead and order this stuff. Get it on hand since it is very hard to find fish meds at stores now :( 

I would go with Metronidazole (Metroplex, Hikari Metro +, or API General Cure). Kanamycin (Kanaplex) would be the second choice. Nitrofurazone (Furan-2), Triple Sulfa (Tri Sulfa), or Oxytetracycline (Ken's Fish has a good pellet and Angels Plus makes good powder) would be my next choices. I can't honestly say I've seen Maracyn 2 used on advancing infections with much luck. Regular Tetracycline I've seen work on Betta fish and other small tropicals, but it doesn't seem to do much for goldfish. 
I missed this reply, i was out running around. I started her on the maracyn, if i can find the metronidazole tomorrow should i add that? Or change the water and then add?

• Admin
50 minutes ago, vear said:

I missed this reply, i was out running around. I started her on the maracyn, if i can find the metronidazole tomorrow should i add that? Or change the water and then add?

First lets see if we can find it first before thinking of that and see how the fish is in the morning :) 

How is your Goldfish doing?
Hi, she's hanging in there. I honestly thought she wouldn't make it the night, but she did. She actually ate this morning. I didnt get bloodworms yesterday, I'll see if i can get them today. She looks the same though, her right eye is worse than the left. And she just bottom sits on a corner.

Hi All. My fish is still hanging in there, eyes super swollen, the red is not as bad as before. She looks just as bad though, sits in a corner all day looking pretty sick. I have been doing the maracyn. I should be getting the metroplex tomorrow so i'll need some help to decide if I should continue with the maracyn or start the metroplex.

I'll also be receiving the colloidal silver to treat the main tank. No idea how to use that either so your help is greatly appreciated. Finally I want to say thank you for your help! I would've had no idea what to even attempt to do, and just letting her die is just something I can't do!

• Admin
1 hour ago, vear said:

Hi All. My fish is still hanging in there, eyes super swollen, the red is not as bad as before. She looks just as bad though, sits in a corner all day looking pretty sick. I have been doing the maracyn. I should be getting the metroplex tomorrow so i'll need some help to decide if I should continue with the maracyn or start the metroplex.

I'll also be receiving the colloidal silver to treat the main tank. No idea how to use that either so your help is greatly appreciated. Finally I want to say thank you for your help! I would've had no idea what to even attempt to do, and just letting her die is just something I can't do!

What is the directions on the Maracyn 2 ?

The silver is really easy. What is your ppm on the bottle.? 

What is the directions on the Maracyn 2 ?

The silver is really easy. What is your ppm on the bottle.? 
For the Maracyn two: 5 day treatment, and to repeat once if necessary. I'm on day 3.

The colloidal silver is 500ppm. Should get here tomorrow.

You can't see it very well but her right gill is getting dark. I'm noticing some darker spots on her as well (2nd pic).

The ammonia is 0.25ppm in there right now. What do i do about that? Since I'm not supposed to change the water... ?a0d3cc0c44a19d62ddc909c5beceb0a3.jpga88089847331a41cd93599fc4d1d4e8e.jpg

• Admin

When is the metro coming? Sorry on phone.

I would also like you to get

Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride when you can. The silver I would like you to add 6 drops. Just once :)

When is the metro coming? Sorry on phone.
I would also like you to get
Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride when you can. The silver I would like you to add 6 drops. Just once :)

Metro comes tomorrow.

Found it. I know your not supposed to switch but we need to act. So I would like you to Change his water. Get it cleaned.
Ok how much should i change?