Walmart Made Me Really Upset!

my nemo

Yesterday we took a trip to nnnnnn. As usual we stopped by the fish section and this is what I saw.

This really upset me so I asked the lady what was wrong with the fish and why they were selling the poor sick things. She said "oh that's the way they sleep." I was so mad and grossed out I just walked away! ( my husband was the one that took the pic for me with our camera phone so sorry for the bad quality) All the fish that are on the ground are so close to death. The ones that are grouped up in the backround are dead stuck to the filter. The tank was a 20 long and the floor of the tank was covered with fish.

post-9-1082352596.jpg

Guest sdramones

so sad.

On a side note the nnnnnn near us had so many complaints that they have an extra person dedicated to the pet section who actually knows how to take care of fish and tanks.

Guest diz_thangle

That sad poor lil fishes never got a chance to grow stupid nnnnnn!!! :thud:yikes

If i could hit that owner i would do this... :wa

Guest Rudolf

Here in Australia we have an organization called the RSPCA..... Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

This body has the power to prosecute the maltreatment of animals.

If you have a similar organization in your country I would suggest you lodge a complaint with them. The publicity that would result could make the company perhaps mend their ways or close down the pet department as a result.

Guest rosaphile

Call and complain! They will never change unless you complain, unfortunately. What about calling the local Humane Society or something? Even if they aren't the ones to do anything about it, I would think they could tell you who to call.

Yes complain, complain, complain! At least then you can feel good for voicing that cruelty! I was so upset when I found out that my local nooppee relocated and :yikes had a wall of fish! I was hoping it would never happen.... :(

I was under the impression that the humane society doesn't respond to fish complaints that they are more concerned with dogs, cats, and other mammals. I understand that PETA doesn't include fish in their campaigns either. Is this true? Can anyone clarify this for me?

Last on the way home I saw a semi truck full of turkeys. They were in cages stacked from top to bottom. I wonder why they are allowed to do that too. If that were dogs I am sure it would be stopped.

No matter where they are headed, it is still mean. I would hate to be the turkey in the middle of all that, or one on the outside with the air hitting me at 70 miles an hour. Or the poor turkies on the bottom with all the waste falling on me! :(

This is exactly why i signed the nnnnnn keeping fish petition. I'm so discusted. That picture is worse than Ive ever seen around here.... but the tanks here are always gross ... green full of algae and dead fish being eating by other gf. Makes me sad

Guest Clear Water

Always support local small business. I?m lucky that where I live I have more than 8 Mom & Pops fish/aquarium shops with in 15 minutes. I never patronize the big guys. Even if you live in a one fish store town, there is always the internet.

Guest Sapphyra

The nooppee in my town has been doing a much better job the last six months or so with taking care of their fish. As cruel as it may look, it does happen. It's just poor ethics on their part. At the pet store I work at, we fortunately have our feeder tanks in a back room away from customers. Even so, if we were to lose that many, it would be taken care of quickly.

Archived