Sign in to follow this  
GoggleHat

Any online store/breeder recommendations?

I recently lost all my goldfish due to an infection in a new goldfish that seemed to be cured but quickly returned and killed all of my fish. Trying to not focus on the heartbreak of losing my fish, I'm wondering if there are any good sellers/breeders out there that have unique and beautiful goldfish available. And recommendations would be vastly appreciated! (BTW, like I said in the title, never buy from SmokyMountainKoi on eBay. The sent me a fish with an infection I couldn't fully determine and killed my tank even after quarantine and treatment)

Raingarden and ECR have beautiful healthy Goldfish.

I got two really nice and healthy fish from Gary Hater but his customer service is legit awful. He takes days to reply and sometimes outright doesn't get around to it. Went asking him recently about more fish since a bird got one, he said he would get back to me the next day. Never heard from him. 

Same stuff happened the first time too. Terrible response times and many delays. Nice fish and nice price though. Check him out if you are VERY VERY patient. I went hunting for my new fish elsewhere. He obviously didn't want my business that much anyway. I can't be bothered to remind him a million times. 

I had a pretty good experience buying from eBay seller lewnews. He or she just doesn't have the very best pictures of the fish on eBay. They are always photographed from above and without a ton of detail.

I think one of my fish has flukes though. Im not sure if he came with those. He's being treated.

But lewnews ships overnight FedEx and the box had foam on all sides.

I got 4 from Lewnews. One died the day after I got it but seemed okay the first day. Was a ranchu. Didn't adjust I guess. Was just a few weeks ago. So far the others seem fine. I won't directly blame him for the dead one. May have been the shipping or something on my end. The fish were all tiny. Sometimes they don't all make it. The tiny Oranda and calico Ryukin seem fine. Pictured. 

You have to contact Gary Hater directly by email but I honestly don't know if he even wants people contacting him. He doesn't like to reply and he doesn't take decent photos to show people the stock he has. I don't know what to make of him. No complaints about the fish or prices though. Here's the white Ryukin fish I have left from him. Sadly a bird got the bigger better one. 

large.GEDC0424.JPG.2bc1ee78432c02dfcdcd2782076adaef.JPG

large.GEDC0318.JPG.4ed6fbfad3c6dac4af67c1f2c16ed34d.JPG

Sorry about your fish loss gogglehat and mjfromga.

Thats is not a great time to go through.

Youknow the reason I wanted to know about Gary hater is because I saw Jenny from solid gold youtube and she had these amazing pinky Bristol shubunkins from Gary.

I don't have any immediate plans for any more fish but wanted to know. Well, some people like to be left alone I totally get that. Thanks for the info and I like your fish!

Gary Hater has nice fish and he charges great prices and low shipping fees. He's hard to get a hold of. I don't think he wishes to be bothered for the most part. That's why he doesn't have a site or anything. I began to feel like I was just annoying him since I was forgotten about over and over and so I left him alone.