Sign in to follow this  
muffluvin

(Possible) Hemorrhagic Septicemia

What a turnaround!  He looks fantastic!  You may be able to get away with just the garlic treatment.  Just goes to show it's hard to predict which fish will recover and which will succumb.  He's definitely s fighter.

Yeah. I almost gave up on him. 5 days ago, there were blood clots all over the tank and he was suffering. My wife told me to just let him go and stop medicating because she thought it was doing more harm than good.

He had like 2 days of NLS HexShield (twice a day) then he stopped eating. I think the garlic soaked bloodworms did the trick although I gave him 4 doses of Erythromycin too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I'm shocked!  What a brilliant suggestion from Koko!  I assumed he had internal parasites causing the wasting, and since he wouldn't eat you couldn't treat him.  Apparently it hurt to eat, but he still couldn't resist garlic and bloodworms.  I'd continue the erythromycin treatment for another week, if possible, since that might have helped his improvement as well

Edited by shakaho

I'm shocked!  What a brilliant suggestion from Koko!  I assumed he had internal parasites causing the wasting, and since he wouldn't eat you couldn't treat him.  Apparently it hurt to eat, but he still couldn't resist garlic and bloodworms.  I'd continue the erythromycin treatment for another week, if possible, since that might have help his improvement as well

Ok, another round of Erythromycin then. I gave him his first dose today and will continue dosing (with water change) until Thursday for a total of four (as per packet instruction).

I did thought he had wasting disease because he was losing weight and color. But aside from those his did not have a concave belly. I almost gave him a 2 day dose of Mardel Clout but decided against it, fearing it would do him more harm than good.

One thing, I really want to address for good is him having blood streak or wound around his gill covers/plates.

bYnuaZr.jpg

Thanks for the help ladies

Lets just keep an eye on that for now hun. The garlic might give him and immune boost with your Meds you have now. He's looking great besides that :) 

37 minutes ago, koko said:

Lets just keep an eye on that for now hun. The garlic might give him and immune boost with your Meds you have now. He's looking great besides that :) 

Ok, thanks once again

Update: He is on his 3rd day (dose) of Erythromycin and the tank water still has aquarium salt. Still giving him garlic-soaked bloodworms. The guy moves a lot now, he also eats pellets again. Major improvement on the fish.

21 hours ago, muffluvin said:

Update: He is on his 3rd day (dose) of Erythromycin and the tank water still has aquarium salt. Still giving him garlic-soaked bloodworms. The guy moves a lot now, he also eats pellets again. Major improvement on the fish.

:thumbup2:

How are you doing? 

How are you doing? 

Well after the 2nd round of Erythromycin I decided to give him a break from the meds.

His caudal fin is almost blood streak free (if that is a term). He is still thin and I noticed that he keeps on missing a couple of scales from time to time. Now this is nothing new with this fish because this happens to him even on the main tank. Just thought he was clumsy but now I think he might have some kind of organism that causes the wounds on his gill area and also takes out some of his scales. It might be something that prazi and salt can't get rid of. Any thoughts on this one?

I was thinking of giving him a two day round of Clout, in hopes of getting rid of whatever bug/s is causing his gill plate and scale issues.

I just started him on prazi last Wednesday, I plan to do two rounds. Then another week with just clean water and hopefully bring him back with the gang.

Thanks for checking up on us.

Would you please list all the medications you have used and how long you have treated with each?

Clout appears to contain metronidazole and an organophosphate insecticide (trichlorfon).  The only fish parasites that you can kill with insecticides are fish lice and anchor worms.  You would know if you have those.  If you haven't treated with metro, your might try that, but I'd pass on the organophosphate.

He had 0.3% salt concentration since I moved him to the QT. I now took out the salt and just have him in prazi.

He had 2 rounds of Erythromycin (a dose a day for a total of 4 dose). So 2 rounds were for 8 doses of Erythromycin.

After the Erythromycin rounds and with him regaining his appetite, I gave him a round of NLS Hexshield. Said medicated food was fed twice a day for 3 days.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Would you please list all the medications you have used and how long you have treated with each?
Clout appears to contain metronidazole and an organophosphate insecticide (trichlorfon).  The only fish parasites that you can kill with insecticides are fish lice and anchor worms.  You would know if you have those.  If you haven't treated with metro, your might try that, but I'd pass on the organophosphate.

can you get us some photos and video :) 

Can not get him to standstill. Here's a video -

Aside from the missing scales and a few small blotches of blood on his caudal fin, he seems fine to me.

Thanks990187367ca1da734f4f572a34f4d69e.jpg

can you get us some photos and video  

dccca465efa7986bb4bf2d5c745d79c1.jpg

I agree with Sharon. I would only use Metro and then let him be :) 

I agree with Sharon. I would only use Metro and then let him be  

Ok. A round of metro then a lil' bit of observation then back to the main tank.

Thanks ladies

I agree with Sharon. I would only use Metro and then let him be  

Update: So today prior to doing a partial water change I saw the fish have new zit/red sores. One near the tail and the other on the underside of his body.

The first sore I saw was the one the tail. The only reason I notice the one on his underside is I saw something that looks like a planaria hanging under the fish. It does not look anything like an anchor worm. It looks more like a transparent curly poop but it was hanging on his underside. I tried taking a picture of the thing but my inferior camera can not focus on it, so I decided to hold the fish in hope of getting an image but the dang thing was gone.97a25cbbeddd3b6acf08defa4675849f.jpg

I can see the red spot. Dang wish we could have seen what it was. Do you have a Microscope? or one you could borrow ? 

I can see the red spot. Dang wish we could have seen what it was. Do you have a Microscope? or one you could borrow ? 

Yeah. I think whatever it is causes this bumps on the fish. Unfortunately, I do not have any access to a microscope.

On 7/1/2017 at 7:38 AM, shakaho said:

Ladies,

What would be ideal treatment plan with metro? Should I put it his water or feed it directly to him. How may days would you suggest, website list up to three weeks or until symptoms disappear. :)

I bought 10 grams of Seachem Metroplex on E-bay and I wouldn't get it 'til Friday :(

The fish is now back in 0.3% salt and no meds. I placed a bag of purigen and carbon yesterday after I did a 80% water change to get rid of the prazi in his tank.

Should I remove the salt ff I start dosing Metroplex?

Thanks

Edited by muffluvin

14 hours ago, muffluvin said:

Ladies,

What would be ideal treatment plan with metro? Should I put it his water or feed it directly to him. How may days would you suggest, website list up to three weeks or until symptoms disappear. :)

I would go 3 weeks and then see how he's doing :) I would put it in his water :) Lets see what others say.

14 hours ago, muffluvin said:

I bought 10 grams of Seachem Metroplex on E-bay and I wouldn't get it 'til Friday :(

The fish is now back in 0.3% salt and no meds. I placed a bag of purigen and carbon yesterday after I did a 80% water change to get rid of the prazi in his tank.

Should I remove the salt ff I start dosing Metroplex?

Thanks

yes remove the salt when you do the Metro :) 

5 hours ago, koko said:

I would go 3 weeks and then see how he's doing :) I would put it in his water :) Lets see what others say.

yes remove the salt when you do the Metro :) 

Thanks Shannon,

He got another another one of those nasty bites near his tail. I dabbed it with H202 in hopes of disinfecting it.

So with Metroplex, I would be following the dosage instructions of 250mg / 1 scoop per 10 gallon every 48 hours (2days). How much water shoud I changed during re-dose, would 20% be okay?

Appreciate all the help ladies. Fishkeeping been a bummer for me lately, lost our betta last month, red cherry shrimps been dropping dead one by one and my runt ranchu is floaty again :(. It's driving me nuts. I am just glad I found you guys.

Edited by muffluvin

1 hour ago, muffluvin said:

Thanks Shannon,

He got another another one of those nasty bites near his tail. I dabbed it with H202 in hopes of disinfecting it.

:(

5 hours ago, muffluvin said:

Thanks Shannon,

So with Metroplex, I would be following the dosage instructions of 250mg / 1 scoop per 10 gallon every 48 hours (2days). How much water shoud I changed during re-dose, would 20% be okay?

I would do 100% min 50% :) 

5 hours ago, muffluvin said:

Appreciate all the help ladies. Fishkeeping been a bummer for me lately, lost our betta last month, red cherry shrimps been dropping dead one by one and my runt ranchu is floaty again :(. It's driving me nuts. I am just glad I found you guys.

Im so sorry hun. Sometimes its just the pits I tell ya :( 

Im so sorry hun. Sometimes its just the pits I tell ya  

Yeah. Really don't know what I did wrong. Tanks are far away from each other; individual buckets and hoses which are stored separately to avoid cross contamination. Fed more moist food and greens, the floaty fish has been fed these stuff exclusively. Religious water changes and testing. I am losing my mind

On top of that, family member who was supposed to take care of them this coming December when I go on a month trip decided to take a vacation on the same date lol. Now, I am really in a bind