• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 2ish
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0.25
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)  pH 7.5
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

pH 7.5

• Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature?  23C/73F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 70L/18g QT for new fish, ran fishless cycle for approx. 4 weeks 
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear 70 HOB
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 60% daily
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday 60%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 x Oranda approx. 11cm including tail
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? So far have only fed a small amount once a day so far - Tuesday repashy super green, Wednesday half a pea and Thursday frozen brine shrimp. 
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? Yes, I got this Oranda on Sunday. 
  • * Any medications added to the tank?  0.1% API aquarium salt. 
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. This is a new fish that I've had for 4 days so not sure of previous history. Yesterday I added 0.1% salt. No other meds used. 
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Oranda has a lump on her caudal tail near the base, small white spot on the side of her face and a small hole in her dorsal fin. 

• * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? 

She has been quite skittish, but swimming, active and eating. I purchased this fish from a LFS 4 days ago. They had some lovely fish but some were not looking very healthy so I knew there was some risk here. I saw a lump on her tail which looked like fungus in the shop, but once I got her home I wasn't so sure. She is quite skittish so I was going to treat for flukes straight away. However the lump on her tail concerns me. I would love some advice on what you think it might be and treatment, etc. Thank you! 

I've struggled to get clear photos so hopefully these are ok. Also video link attached as well. 

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Louise_Forder/media/IMG_8819_zpsagymnk9h.jpeg.html

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Louise_Forder/media/IMG_8820_zpsfxoogcjd.png.html

Edited by shakaho
clarity

I would do the Prazi and salt treatment first on her. Then if its still there we can go from there.

Willow is gorgeous! Hope she's feeling better soon.

Welcome to Kokos and hope Willow feels better soon. He is beautiful!!!!

I tried to improve the format of the form so that we could read it better.  

The fish looks pretty healthy to me.  Tails often get minor injuries, and white spots develop in those sites.  I think of them as "scars."  Unless it changes I wouldn't worry about it.  I know you will tell us about any changes.

What concentration of salt do you have in the QT now?

Edited by shakaho

Thanks all so much! 

Currently treating with prazi and salt at 0.1%. 

OK.  Raise the salt level to 0.3 % by adding 1 teaspoon of salt per gallon or water in the tank and repeating that after giving the fish a few hours to acclimate.  Maintain the 0.3% salt by adding 1 tablespoon of salt for each gallon of water you replace during water changes.

9 hours ago, shakaho said:

OK.  Raise the salt level to 0.3 % by adding 1 teaspoon of salt per gallon or water in the tank and repeating that after giving the fish a few hours to acclimate.  Maintain the 0.3% salt by adding 1 tablespoon of salt for each gallon of water you replace during water changes.

Should I continue with the prazi as well?

Hi again. Just wanted to check-in. The white lump on her tail looks like it's getting better, but I can see quite a few white spots around the lump, on her wen and over her body. I've added some more photos. The ones on the body are hard to see straight on so hopefully you will be able to see them. I'm also a little concerned about her right eye as it looks a bit swollen and there are also spots there too. 

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Louise_Forder/library/

She's at 0.3% salt and prazi, water temp at 24C/75F. Would the white spots be due to flukes? 

On June 11, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Goldy Lou said:

Hi again. Just wanted to check-in. The white lump on her tail looks like it's getting better, but I can see quite a few white spots around the lump, on her wen and over her body. I've added some more photos. The ones on the body are hard to see straight on so hopefully you will be able to see them. I'm also a little concerned about her right eye as it looks a bit swollen and there are also spots there too. 

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Louise_Forder/library/

She's at 0.3% salt and prazi, water temp at 24C/75F. Would the white spots be due to flukes? 

How is she doing now?

It could be but since we don't know what went on in the LFS its like a guess game in a since. :o But we will try to help ya :)

Thanks for checking in Koko! 

She's in 0.3% salt and just had 2nd dose of prazi. The white spots are still there. Tail seems to be improving. I've noticed she's getting some black coloration on some of her scales which I didn't pay much attention to and also the black mark near her eye is getting bigger. There is definite swelling around that area. Tonight I've realised her chin and under her mouth is turning black. It doesn't look like coloration change but more like dark mold?!? Apart from that she is behaving normally and eating. I've taken a photo but the quality is pretty bad. I hope you can see what I mean. Would love your advice or thoughts. 

IMG_1536_zps2udzqrrq.jpeg

Do you or can you get Metro? 

The black looks to me as ammonia burns, they won't show up at first. but will once in clean water and then healing. so lets keep an eye on that one. 

If you can get a closer up of the eye for me :) 

10 hours ago, Goldy Lou said:

Hi Koko. 

Yes I have metroplex on hand. I've tried to take some better photos. There is a new black spot on her side but one of the older ones is much smaller. The tail is getting much better. 

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Louise_Forder/library/?view=recent

How many more rounds of Prazi do you have left? 

Sure is looking better, and yup those black spots are healing up. Im thinking where she was she was getting burned and now with all the nice clean water she is healing. :)

1 hour ago, koko said:

Sure is looking better, and yup those black spots are healing up. Im thinking where she was she was getting burned and now with all the nice clean water she is healing. :)

:thumbup2:

9 hours ago, koko said:

On her second round of prazi now so I'll do another 3. 

I think you're 100% right about the ammonia burns. The black is clearing up even more this morning. :thumbup2:

51 minutes ago, Goldy Lou said:

On her second round of prazi now so I'll do another 3. 

I think you're 100% right about the ammonia burns. The black is clearing up even more this morning. :thumbup2:

Okay lets she how she is doing after prazi. Don't want to Medicate if we don't have to :)