Sign in to follow this  
AkPudge

Mysterious goldf-issue

1 hour ago, AkPudge said:

Oh for cods sake!!! I came home to a totally different fish laying between two vases. Put him in the breeder box, hes been floating on his side since. I'm hoping he's just got bloat. This fish has been fine for 6 months then suddenly crashes.

I feel like the bringer of death with fish. I swear I put way more work than the average fish keepers I know(I don't even know another person who tests their water, let alone even understands the water cycle) and yet their fish are fine and mine are in a constant fight for life. I just had all my brand new ghost shrimp die the first 48 hours I had them in my betta tank (I hear ghost shrimp are cheap and delicate and this isn't uncommon, but its still sad.) I miss the times before I knew so much about fish and their personalities, I was wayyy less heart broken over a loss, now I'm too attached to them and their lives.

On a side note, I'm loving the app "Aquarium Note" I have all three of my tanks in there and a tap water log. I log each water change, water test results, fish stock, filters and all that jazz. Its nice having a record of all the parameters and stuff to look back through and compare.

Okay I was going to say something last night but I just wasn't sure. Could you please take a photo of the fish from the back going to the front from the top. 

Say something about what? I'm not sure if you want a picture of the new sick fish, or the original sick fish....so I'll post both, neither are very good, I'll try again when I'm off work.

Nothing in the tank has changed, second fish started acting weird before the water change last night. Water parameters just now are 6.8 PH, 0ppm Nitrite, 5ppm Nitrate, 1 drop KH, 3 drops GH.

ZnrRwbX.jpgPyJh9rR.jpg

d8VhyoY.jpg

Looks like your KH and pH are on the fritz again. Your pH numbers should not be in the 6 range if you are using the buffer like you should be. It makes it impossible. If you allow your pH to keep swinging like that, your fish will keep getting sick. It does them harm in many ways. 

Also the first fish looks like he's dropsied to me but the photo is very out of focus so hard to tell. I honestly don't think the second one has a ton of hope. He really does not look good. You are going to need to adjust your KH to respectable levels. 

@shakaho does a good job of explaining how to do this. She can also recommend treatment for the sick fish. Please wait on her. 

Again, I'm sticking with my baking soda suggestion.  Readily available to you, cheap and works pretty much instantly . . . :idont

Say something about what? I'm not sure if you want a picture of the new sick fish, or the original sick fish....so I'll post both, neither are very good, I'll try again when I'm off work.

The first fish looks a little pine coned to me. Just wanted a close up of that. If it is we might have a bacterial and ph issue going on here :) 

Nothing in the tank has changed, second fish started acting weird before the water change last night. Water parameters just now are 6.8 PH, 0ppm Nitrite, 5ppm Nitrate, 1 drop KH, 3 drops GH

your ph is very low. I agree we need to get that up there more.