Sign in to follow this  
Pixel

Lumps and bumps on goldfish face

Hello everyone, the head split has now healed but now I have another problem. She is still in the 100 litre tub (that I change water every morning) with a bubbler. She has now started to breach the surface (by about a third of her body length) to take a breath and then blows the bubbles out under the water. She does this about every minute. She swims around ok and eats but sometimes spits food out - which I've never seen her do before. Anything I can do? I'm getting a bit worried as she was doing so well. Do you think I should do another water change in the afternoon as well?

19 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Hello everyone, the head split has now healed but now I have another problem. She is still in the 100 litre tub (that I change water every morning) with a bubbler. She has now started to breach the surface (by about a third of her body length) to take a breath and then blows the bubbles out under the water. She does this about every minute. She swims around ok and eats but sometimes spits food out - which I've never seen her do before. Anything I can do? I'm getting a bit worried as she was doing so well. Do you think I should do another water change in the afternoon as well?

Have you ever Prazied the fish? 

Yes, twice now in the hospital tank. I was going to do the pond and inside tank again tomorrow. I am using Blue Planet Fluke and tapeworm treatment which says to use it twice - a week apart.

Here's a photo from this afternoon - amazing what a difference a few days makes. There are still tiny white dots under the surface but no longer any growths. I changed half the water this afternoon and she stopped rising to the surface for a gulp for a while.

hambo7_zpsouxjylp0.jpg

5 hours ago, Pixel said:

Here's a photo from this afternoon - amazing what a difference a few days makes. There are still tiny white dots under the surface but no longer any growths. I changed half the water this afternoon and she stopped rising to the surface for a gulp for a while.

hambo7_zpsouxjylp0.jpg

Looking better... If she starts again I would just keep changing the water. :) She might be producing extra slim and might be making the water dirty :) 

Just for my sanity  :) Can you take a photo of her from the back to the front but from the top view. I can see some scales by the gills look lifted :( 

Her face is looking a lot better! great work!

I can't see the scales that Koko was worried about, but I'll let her have a look too :)

Her face looks really good. 

6 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Her face is looking a lot better! great work!

I can't see the scales that Koko was worried about, but I'll let her have a look too :)

Its all good. From one angle it looked Puffy not its not. Which is GOOD ! :)