Sign in to follow this  
Tohru1529

Pebbles 2nd treament and Update

Hi everyone pebbles is very sick with a lump on her side, a 2nd bump is growing I am not happy. I started her new meds yesterday, I put some more meds in today and it made her happy and swimming better. I am worried about her. I keep everyone posted as long you pray for her I think she will make it. If she was dying she would be at the bottom of the tank, laying on the side and not eating. She eating, not laying on the side, or laying at the bottom of the tank. She strong cookie, I can heal her. I want my happy girl back.

20170515_211459.jpg

20170515_211607.jpg

20170516_142033.jpg

It could be a blockage caused by the growth or even a second growth. Fast your fish for two days and lets see if it goes down at all.

I don't recommend meds, I don't think they wk have any effect other than to stress the fish and this doesn't have other symptoms we would expect with a bacterial cyst or abcess.

23 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

It could be a blockage caused by the growth or even a second growth. Fast your fish for two days and lets see if it goes down at all.

I don't recommend meds, I don't think they wk have any effect other than to stress the fish and this doesn't have other symptoms we would expect with a bacterial cyst or abcess.

I did the salt treatment for 4 days it was making her worse she was not eating her food. My friend and her boyfriend told me if the salt treatment is not helping try this meds. I put the 2nd dose in and made feel happy and better. She eating and swimming.

Some fish don't like salt and find it stressful, it looks like you have one.  I do too.  I really don't recommend any further medication without symptoms indicating it, like excess slime coat, bottom sitting with a streaked tail, swelling, dark red gills, etc.  

My final advice to you, unless something changes, is to discontinue medication and see if she continues to swim around and eat well without the salt in there.  I think it was likely the removal of the salt and not those medications that helped, given that two of them are ineffective and the third is better with fungus and external infections.  If she does begin bottom sitting again or refusing to eat we can consider a course of kanamycin and metronidazole to try and address a potential abcess, but that's about it.  It's more likely a growth that isn't bacterial in origin (like a benign tumor) and there isn't much for it,

Good luck to you.  If you'd rather follow your friend or boyfriend's advice that is your choice, but we will just cheer you on and not continue to spend time trying to diagnose or address this issue ourselves.

16 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Some fish don't like salt and find it stressful, it looks like you have one.  I do too.  I really don't recommend any further medication without symptoms indicating it, like excess slime coat, bottom sitting with a streaked tail, swelling, dark red gills, etc.  

My final advice to you, unless something changes, is to discontinue medication and see if she continues to swim around and eat well without the salt in there.  I think it was likely the removal of the salt and not those medications that helped, given that two of them are ineffective and the third is better with fungus and external infections.  If she does begin bottom sitting again or refusing to eat we can consider a course of kanamycin and metronidazole to try and address a potential abcess, but that's about it.  It's more likely a growth that isn't bacterial in origin (like a benign tumor) and there isn't much for it,

Good luck to you.  If you'd rather follow your friend or boyfriend's advice that is your choice, but we will just cheer you on and not continue to spend time trying to diagnose or address this issue ourselves.

ok thank you

Hope Pebbles feels better.

1 minute ago, DawnMichele said:

Hope Pebbles feels better.

thank you

If you do decide you want to try the antibiotic route let me know when you have them and we can make a treatment schedule for you.  Good luck and fins crossed that Pebbles continues to thrive :)

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

If you do decide you want to try the antibiotic route let me know when you have them and we can make a treatment schedule for you.  Good luck and fins crossed that Pebbles continues to thrive :)

I put carbin in cleaning meds out I am feeding my fish Anti- Parasite should I stop feeding her that

Remove the medication with a 100% water change, its better than carbon.  What medication are you feeding and when did you begin it?

8 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Remove the medication with a 100% water change, its better than carbon.  What medication are you feeding and when did you begin it?

Anti parasite pellets,I started it Saturday. Its been 4 days she been eating it.

Can you show me a picture of the bag/bottle and label?

Please tell us the active ingredients in the anti-parasite pellets.

Here is the food I telling you about

18579125_10212993571454681_1137761159_n.jpg

Show us the sides(s) of the container which shows the ingredients and instructions.

3 hours ago, shakaho said:

Show us the sides(s) of the container which shows the ingredients and instructions.

Jungle Anti- Parasite Medicated Food; 1 oz.- 
DISCONTINUED by Manufacturer

• Directly treats fish
• Protects against secondary infections
• Can be used as a preventative
• Will not cloud water
• Contains: Metronidazole 1%, praziquantel .5%, levamisol .4%

*Ingredients: Soybean Meal, sorghum distillers dried grain, fish meal, fish oil, dicalcium phosphate, di-methionine, ascorbic acid, ethoxyquin, calcium carbonate, vitamin E, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, , d calcium pantothenate, niacin, folic acid, riboflavin, menadione sodium bisulfite, biotin, choline chloride, vitamin D3, anganese sulfate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, ferrous sulfate, sodium selenite, Vitamin A, mineral oil, vitamin B12.

3 hours ago, koko said:

Jungle Anti- Parasite Medicated Food; 1 oz.- 
DISCONTINUED by Manufacturer

• Directly treats fish
• Protects against secondary infections
• Can be used as a preventative
• Will not cloud water
• Contains: Metronidazole 1%, praziquantel .5%, levamisol .4%

*Ingredients: Soybean Meal, sorghum distillers dried grain, fish meal, fish oil, dicalcium phosphate, di-methionine, ascorbic acid, ethoxyquin, calcium carbonate, vitamin E, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, , d calcium pantothenate, niacin, folic acid, riboflavin, menadione sodium bisulfite, biotin, choline chloride, vitamin D3, anganese sulfate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, ferrous sulfate, sodium selenite, Vitamin A, mineral oil, vitamin B12.

Thank you for found the ingrediendients. My bottle dose not have the ingrediendients.

Oh man. So you started feeding that AND doing the three meds above?  

The anti-parasite med is a poor choice for what looks to be a tumor.  It's also probably a little on the old side - medicated food should be tossed after a year opened, two max.  But we don't want to encourage antibiotic resistance so I'd like you to feed the jungle meds for ten full days total, and NO other meds without running it by us first.  Not even even Epsom salt or aquarium salt. We are going to give the fish a break except for clean water and the medicated food.  This is a good time to acquire the metronidazole powder and kanamycin powder I mentioned before.  Even if we don't use it on this fish they are excellent basic medications to have on hand.

1 hour ago, Arctic Mama said:

Oh man. So you started feeding that AND doing the three meds above?  

The anti-parasite med is a poor choice for what looks to be a tumor.  It's also probably a little on the old side - medicated food should be tossed after a year opened, two max.  But we don't want to encourage antibiotic resistance so I'd like you to feed the jungle meds for ten full days total, and NO other meds without running it by us first.  Not even even Epsom salt or aquarium salt. We are going to give the fish a break except for clean water and the medicated food.  This is a good time to acquire the metronidazole powder and kanamycin powder I mentioned before.  Even if we don't use it on this fish they are excellent basic medications to have on hand.

I started giving her the medsfood before I put the three meds. I started the meds food on sunday because she was not eating. The salt was told by shakaho,she told me to used it. I get thought meds when I have money I really don't have the money to get them,when I do will. So after I been feeding the anti-parasite she started feel a lot better. She doing wonderful,I will get more Anti-parasite. I have to look on line because petsmart don't sell them anymore. Thank for helping me out

I know Shakaho told you to do the salt but we weren't aware you were using other medications.  The medicated food is discontinued by the manufacturer I believe, and though they state you can feed it prophylactically (preventatively or without signs of illness present) it isn't a good or helpful practice with antibiotics or other medications.  

I know you say she got better when you fed it, but that was also the day you discontinued salt right? There are no signs of illness that a dewormer, fluke medication, and gram positive antibiotic would treat, which is what is in there.  I advised you to feed it a full ten days, which would be enough to treat any flukes or worms if they are involved. But I don't believe that is the case based on what you are telling us (unless she has begun to poop worms) but finishing out the course is a better choice so that we aren't creating medication resistant parasites or bacteria from administering partial courses.  It's a real problem and one we try to prevent by nor over medicating.

If you find and feed more of that or a similar antiparastic medication I think I you'll be doing more harm than good, to be honest.  You can indeed find the meds I listed on Amazon or American Aquarium Products though.  I don't think we will need them but like I said, if we do try another treatment those are the ones we will be asking for.

21 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I know Shakaho told you to do the salt but we weren't aware you were using other medications.  The medicated food is discontinued by the manufacturer I believe, and though they state you can feed it prophylactically (preventatively or without signs of illness present) it isn't a good or helpful practice with antibiotics or other medications.  

I know you say she got better when you fed it, but that was also the day you discontinued salt right? There are no signs of illness that a dewormer, fluke medication, and gram positive antibiotic would treat, which is what is in there.  I advised you to feed it a full ten days, which would be enough to treat any flukes or worms if they are involved. But I don't believe that is the case based on what you are telling us (unless she has begun to poop worms) but finishing out the course is a better choice so that we aren't creating medication resistant parasites or bacteria from administering partial courses.  It's a real problem and one we try to prevent by nor over medicating.

If you find and feed more of that or a similar antiparastic medication I think I you'll be doing more harm than good, to be honest.  You can indeed find the meds I listed on Amazon or American Aquarium Products though.  I don't think we will need them but like I said, if we do try another treatment those are the ones we will be asking for.

Thank you for helping me out. I stop the salt on Monday. The I did the 3 meds for 2 days,they you told me to take them out. So I did. I gave her Anti-Parasite Medicated Fish Food for 6 days now.

Update of pebbles and her family. Look how happy Pebbles is. :)18596438_10213030739983871_676169821_o.jpg18596809_10213030728623587_732825358_o.jpg18596849_10213030735983771_28325262_o.jpg18597122_10213030735543760_1929359200_o.jpg

18597165_10213030728823592_217826501_o.jpg

18618130_10213030731503659_2005599556_o.jpg

18618159_10213030738823842_1996127141_o.jpg

18618504_10213030734543735_721366356_o.jpg

18618677_10213030727503559_1030187884_o.jpg

18618831_10213030737103799_241357033_o.jpg

Arctic Mama I want to update on Pebbles. She doing well swimming fine and eating I noticed on her right side I see some of her scales sticking out. Hope it not dropsy. Her other side is fine. I show you photos. I am worried,I took a video of her too.

18721209_10213087206995511_1775008104_o.jpg

18721565_10213087206835507_1702803913_o.jpg

18721449_10213087206275493_363402778_o.jpg

18721555_10213087205075463_1717832972_o.jpg

18721379_10213087204555450_1977585962_o.jpg

18745419_10213087205715479_833991199_o.jpg

18765396_10213087205155465_1777394246_o.jpg

18742212_10213087205435472_1293809071_o.jpg

18721009_10213087205595476_357137344_o.jpg

18720836_10213087204715454_808349518_o.jpg

18698839_10213087205395471_485095787_o.jpg

Edited by Tohru1529