Sign in to follow this  
shelbysfish

"Zit" on Goldfish?

12 minutes ago, koko said:

Keep Going. I would do it for a min of 2 weeks and a max of 4 weeks :) 

OKay, even though everyone is acting better except Beauty? :)

1 hour ago, shelbysfish said:

OKay, even though everyone is acting better except Beauty? :)

Yup. Thats when ppl stop and then it comes back with a vengeance so don't stop right now hun :) Either 2 weeks or if you want to make sure you killed everything 4 weeks :)  

Its like killing the fleas in your home. If you treat the cat you got to keep up on the carpet to get all the eggs out or your fleas will go crazy again. Kill those eggs :thumbs:

14 minutes ago, koko said:

Its like killing the fleas in your home. If you treat the cat you got to keep up on the carpet to get all the eggs out or your fleas will go crazy again. Kill those eggs :thumbs:

Thank you dear. Do you think I should put two wondershells in there for the cloudy green water? 

3 hours ago, shelbysfish said:

Thank you dear. Do you think I should put two wondershells in there for the cloudy green water? 

They won't do anything for the Green water hun. thats just and Algae bloom in there. Fliter floss should help ya latter :) 

22 hours ago, koko said:

They won't do anything for the Green water hun. thats just and Algae bloom in there. Fliter floss should help ya latter :) 

That just came! Put it in filter.

you know what's interesting? I did a 70% water change last night and it was pretty clear afterwards until I added the Prazi, that might be contributing too! 

5 hours ago, shelbysfish said:

That just came! Put it in filter.

you know what's interesting? I did a 70% water change last night and it was pretty clear afterwards until I added the Prazi, that might be contributing too! 

It could be hun. But nothing really to worry about, lets see how the tank looks in 2 days now that the floss is in :) 

On 5/31/2017 at 7:20 PM, koko said:

It could be hun. But nothing really to worry about, lets see how the tank looks in 2 days now that the floss is in :) 

Okay, I finished about 2 and a 1/2 weeks of Prazi. Just did a 50% water change yesterday and didn't add anything in, but it's still cloudy.

I wonder if I should do a larger water change to get the rest of the Prazi out? Not sure how that works...

20 hours ago, shelbysfish said:

Okay, I finished about 2 and a 1/2 weeks of Prazi. Just did a 50% water change yesterday and didn't add anything in, but it's still cloudy.

I wonder if I should do a larger water change to get the rest of the Prazi out? Not sure how that works...

How is your filter. What do we have in it now hun? 

11 hours ago, koko said:

How is your filter. What do we have in it now hun? 

We have the same that was in there before, but I added like 2 sponges of filter floss. I'll take a picture in the AM and post for you. 

So I don't know what to do! Add more, add the koi clay, do a large water change to get rid of Prazi! D: gah it just looks terrible

it looks like you need to rinse your filter floss... looks gunky hun :o 

when I got back into my goldie, when setting up the tank, forgot everything I had learned....but knew what was going on when it was going on.....had cloudy "new tank syndrome" water...Luckily Sushi ended up surviving, I just feel bad cause of the stress he/she must have went through...But, this site will help you the folks here are VERY Knowledgeable :thumbup2:

29 minutes ago, koko said:

it looks like you need to rinse your filter floss... looks gunky hun :o 

Really?? I must not know what it needs to look like cause I literally cleaned it a couple days ago, it gets so dirty so fast it's crazy. I will do that tonight! Thank you!! Now Mae is bottom sitting with beauty. ? Can't catch a break!

@koko do you just rinse it in tank water once you've siphoned it out? I hit it against the bucket and stuff

13 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

@koko do you just rinse it in tank water once you've siphoned it out? I hit it against the bucket and stuff

Yuppers. Make sure you ring it out. :) hit it smack it what ever it takes to get the gunk out hun. Do you have two filters? 

I see you posted you have just one. May I suggest a sponge filter in there if you have one. two filters are always better than one. :) 

Dont rinse your balls if you have some in the filter or the sponge for now. :) 

8 minutes ago, koko said:

Yuppers. Make sure you ring it out. :) hit it smack it what ever it takes to get the gunk out hun. Do you have two filters? 

I see you posted you have just one. May I suggest a sponge filter in there if you have one. two filters are always better than one. :) 

Dont rinse your balls if you have some in the filter or the sponge for now. :) 

I won't rinse the balls or the sponge, I'll rinse the rest. 

Now sponge filter, do you have one you use on amazon I can get? Not sure how those work to be honest. ? Only ever used my hob

Okay, done a partial water change and cleaned the media out like crap!!!! (just not sponge and ball things)

Still stained but seems clean. Look at this stuff growing on my filter!!!!! What the heck!!! Thoughts? 

blackhair.jpg

1 hour ago, shelbysfish said:

Okay, done a partial water change and cleaned the media out like crap!!!! (just not sponge and ball things)

Still stained but seems clean. Look at this stuff growing on my filter!!!!! What the heck!!! Thoughts? 

blackhair.jpg

Looks like left over food that turned into Gunk.

How often are you feeding? and how much?

4 minutes ago, koko said:

Looks like left over food that turned into Gunk.

How often are you feeding? and how much?

Sorry koko, I should have been more clear. It looks different out of the water. It's black fuzzy/hairy stuff! it was super stuck to my filter tube! definitely not food, some type of algae or scary thing! :undecided:

2 hours ago, shelbysfish said:

I won't rinse the balls or the sponge, I'll rinse the rest. 

Now sponge filter, do you have one you use on amazon I can get? Not sure how those work to be honest. ? Only ever used my hob

I got one hun. Easy to use. 

1. Power head. Smaller one is better so you don't push them around.

2. sponge filter.

you want to hook the sponge filter to the power head. The powerhead will suck the water into the sponge and out the hole in the power head. Some power heads have directional pieces on them so you can aim the out take some where. Mine I DIYed it and put a PCV t piece on it so it blow two ways :)

https://www.amazon.com/Marineland-PH0550-Penguin-Submersible-145GPH/dp/B0002565TS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1496889581&sr=8-9&keywords=powerhead

https://www.amazon.com/XY-380-Aquarium-Biochemical-Sponge-Filter/dp/B0051XIN78/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1496889635&sr=8-3&keywords=sponge+filter

Now I think those are the ones I have hun. not 100% sure but I do believe so. I can get you a photo of it if you want :) 

Just now, shelbysfish said:

Sorry koko, I should have been more clear. It looks different out of the water. It's black fuzzy/hairy stuff! it was super stuck to my filter tube! definitely not food, some type of algae or scary thing! :undecided:

Oh well on that note it would be hair algae :o 

2 minutes ago, koko said:

Oh well on that note it would be hair algae :o 

When I look it up it looked exactly like this! "beard algae" what the heck! ever had to deal with this? how does one even treat this? oh my...

Beard Alg FW SAC (2) MD.jpg

9 minutes ago, koko said:

if it isn't dangerous I don't care. lol. I have too much else going on to worry about aesthetics! xD

55 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

When I look it up it looked exactly like this! "beard algae" what the heck! ever had to deal with this? how does one even treat this? oh my...

Beard Alg FW SAC (2) MD.jpg

If it was on your plants it could have gotten sucked up and into your filter :o