Sign in to follow this  
tankball

Red Spots

so i got a gold in a 10 gallon hospital tank he has red sores on him and i'll like to know what i need to use to help him out. i dont have any test strips srry. he had some at the store but i didnt see them until i got home with him. i did recorde a video of him, it should be in 4K to.

i think i know what i need but i'll like to see what other say before i go out and buy the stuff

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems: 

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?
  • * Any medications added to the tank?
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

like i said i dont have test strip so i cant. if u watched the video i gave u everything u need to know about this guy. please learn to read. 

There is a lot more information in the form than just test results, and I know you answered quite a bit in your video, but having all the information layed out in the form makes it a lot easier for the mods to assess the situation

But, just to be clear, you only just got this fish and he hasn't been in any of your tanks apart from this hospital one?

13 hours ago, tankball said:

like i said i dont have test strip so i cant. if u watched the video i gave u everything u need to know about this guy. please learn to read. 

Im sorry I watched it with no Volume as I have a little one on me at the time.... So I couldn't hear ya. :o 

13 hours ago, tankball said:

"please learn to read"? that's a bit harsh and condescending, don't you think? everyone has different reasons as to why they will not get info from a video. some are even time limited and cannot watch a whole video. but to address anyone with "please learn to read" is like asking you to "please learn some manners". we do our best to not be so abrupt on this site since everyone like you have come to us for either our knowledge or help on fish health and maintenance.

we have a form for cases posted in this forum. please fill it out and we will see how we can help. copy it from our Admin's post to you and paste it with your answers.

:o

we are all volunteers with our own busy lives.  Watching a 6 minute video isn't really an option.  The form makes the info easy to find in a short amount of time.  

You can get your water tested at pet stores if you don't have a kit.  You need to go there to get meds. Bring along some water samples...

alright. i want to say sorry for what i said. i ended up using Kordon Rapid-Cure. it seems to work, the spots r leting up. but im still going to pet store when my mother can take me out and get some good meds, since i got more then golds in my house.