Sign in to follow this  
Bpanelli

Best meds to keep on hand ?

Hi...

Just wondering what the best meds are to keep on hand for emergencies?  

Right now I have the following: API Aquarium salt, Epsom salt, API Furan-2, PraziPro Liquid, Metronidazole powder. and some old MetroMed food.  

So again wondering what to add to the cabinet and also what the best substitute is for the MetroMeds since they are no longer available.  Should the Metro Meds be thrown out since they are very old?

Thanks in advance!!

Brett

Praziquantel and metro, then you are good. Aquarium salt and Epsom salt is useful also, but I don't use it much.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'd suggest either triple sulfa or oxytetracycline as either one of those can be used with metronidazole to give you fairly broad spectrum antibiotic coverage.

And, as much as I hate to say it, the MMs probably should be thrown out as it's been a few years since they've been sold so they are too old.  I sure wish they were still available as they've saved many of my fish . . . . 

Thank you for the advice.

I'll throw out the MetroMeds then :-(

I'm also going to post about a problem my fish is having for possible treatment advice.

Thanks!

B