Sign in to follow this  
Rickisrad

Red spots on Ryukin

1 minute ago, Rickisrad said:

That picture is of the main 65 gallon tank that he was in. I just moved him to a new 10 gallon tank that has no decorations or gravel until he is done with treatment.

Do you ever clean out those logs? 

Once a month I rinse them but I don't scrub off the algae because my fish of choice are Plecos and they like the algae. This tank has been set up for many, many years without an issue besides him. I have Plecos that are $50-100 a piece.

2 hours ago, Rickisrad said:

Once a month I rinse them but I don't scrub off the algae because my fish of choice are Plecos and they like the algae. This tank has been set up for many, many years without an issue besides him. I have Plecos that are $50-100 a piece.

Well here is the honest truth about your set up. Goldfish produce a lot of waste and with all those other fish in there it just to much for the goldfish. Goldfish really do like to be with only goldfish. Logs can hold water inside and can cause stagnate water, that in turn can cause bacterial infections on the fish. 

My only real thought for you is that the Goldfish just needs his very own tank. :)