Nitrate level 0ppm 

Ammonia Level(Tap) 0ppm

Nitrite Level(Tap) 0ppm

Nitrate level(Tap) 0ppm

Ph Level, Tank 8

Ph (Tap) 8.2

Brand of test-kit used: API drop

Water temperature? 25.5

Tank size (how many gals.) 80 gallons, operating 2 months.

Filters: Otto internal 1200l/hr connected to lid filter, 1200l/hr canister, also connected to lid filter.

water change: 50%/week, performed 3 days ago. 

How many fish in the tank: 4 oranda goldfish.

What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem Prime.

What do you feed your fish and how often? New life spectrum goldfish. Twice a day. Spirulina, peas, blood worms 1/day

Any medications added to the tank? 0.03% salt for 1 week

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. PRAZI 1 dose, TRICHLORFON 1dose

Any unusual findings: 1 fish bottom sitting during day, he secludes himself. Sometimes yawning and fin flicking. Long thin poos and possibly bloated... Another fish has always hung at surface gulping air since purchased and developed white dots on mouth. Treated for fin rot successfully. All eating fine.

Thankyou :)

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

Please follow this instruction. Copy the form, paste it in your post, and fill in your answers after the questions.  To help us even more, you can italize or color your answers, to make them easy to find, but you don't have to do that.  

Feel free to use metric units, I didn't use both systems here to keep things compact.  

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)  If you have a test kit, take these readings before you do a water change. If you don't have a test kit and can't get one immediately, please take samples of tank and tap water to your fish /pet store and request a test. Demand numbers for each test.
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) Please test tap water. It may contain ammonia or nitrate.  Tap water often varies in quality with weather/season, so don't just report an old test.  
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) Difference in the pH of tank and tap can cause distress in your fish. We need both tap and tank results. 
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)   If you don't have KH and GH tests and have municipal water, you can often get this information from the water company.
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?  Please answer both brand and type.
      • * Water temperature?  If you don't use a heater, give the the air temperature. 
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?  Please answer both questions. If you aren't sure of the volume of the tank, give the length, width, and height. 
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? By the "size" of the filter we mean the gph/lph that it claims to turn over.
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? Please answer both questions.
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Please answer both questions
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? You may give the weight of each fish or the length.  For goldfish, include the variety, and use (and indicate that you used) the standard length (sl) -- the length from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail fin.  You can estimate length. For example: 1 oranda, 3" sl, 2 pearlscales 1.5" and 2" sl.  For other species of fish that don't vary in tail length, you may use total length, from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail fin,  but please specify.  For example: 2 bristlenose plecos 3" tl 
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Water conditioner means the agent used against chlorine.  If you don't use a water conditioner, say why, for example, "well water."  "Water additives" include anything else that you regularly or recently have added to your water, including buffers, water clarifiers, algaecides, etc.
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Give the brand, type of food (sinking/floating pellets, gel food, steamed vegetable, etc.), and how frequently you feed each.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? If you have added new fish in the past few months, indicate which ones,  the duration of quarantine, and any treatments you used during quarantine
  • * Any medications added to the tank? This includes any used recently or currently in the tank.
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.  This can be a long answer if you have a sickly fish.  You can link to old D/D threads if we have advised on treatment before.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? List all physical symptoms.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? List all behavioral symptoms.

Photos too when you can :)

Do you have Fluke solve and Metro? 

%5BURL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/zjwatts/media/2017-02-28%2006.57.40_zpsmthkr9kp.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/zjwatts/2017-02-28%2006.57.40_zpsmthkr9kp.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Edited by zjw

2017-02-28%2006.57.40_zpsmthkr9kp.jpg

brb

Hope your Goldfish feels better.

this is a permanent virus. it cannot be treated. symptoms will come and go sometimes taking weeks. there is no threat to life, but it will affect the entire community as well as cross contaminate between tanks via usual ways, ie, equipment sharing.

THERE IS NO TREATMENT.

the only way to get rid of this is to start again from fresh. cycled filters and all.

Oh no! Really! So everything including my fry will have this!

56 minutes ago, zjw said:

Oh no! Really! So everything including my fry will have this!

They could if you have used the same equipment and such with them :( 

I used some of the aquarium water from the main tank when I collected the eggs? Can this transfer the virus? Is it Carp Pox?

Just now, zjw said:

I used some of the aquarium water from the main tank when I collected the eggs? Can this transfer the virus? Is it Carp Pox?

It is a forum of it. I have seen it before and nothing we have thrown at it works... I would do for your fry... Just to make sure..

Though one thing I haven't used on it and I really don't know if it would work... is Silver... I only had a fish like this years ago, have seen many on here with it, but at that time we weren't using Silver... You could try but like I said I don't know if it will work :o 

Ok Thankyou, 

I'm very concerned by this...

1 minute ago, zjw said:

Ok Thankyou, 

I'm very concerned by this...

I can tell you though, it doesn't hurt the fish. Its like a fish version of a cold sore. :(

Can it affect the gills aswell?

thankyou for your help!

Just now, zjw said:

Can it affect the gills aswell?

thankyou for your help!

No it won't ... Just the lips :( 

anytime I am sorry to tell you the bad news though :( 

Ok Thankyou again. 

I'll be doing some more research about this. I've removed the fish from the main tank, but I feel it's too late...

Koko, can goldfish catch this from koi fish or it a different type of virus? Thanks

5 hours ago, zjw said:

Koko, can goldfish catch this from koi fish or it a different type of virus? Thanks

I don't know, but its not carp pox hun :)

Oh ok, do you know what the actual name of the virus is?

sorry for all the questions...

10 hours ago, zjw said:

Oh ok, do you know what the actual name of the virus is?

sorry for all the questions...

I dont hun. I will see if the other mods know hun. :) 

Unfortunately 2 more of these lumps have formed on her tail...

Could we have pictures of those tail lumps, please?

Hard to see in the photo, but it is a smooth white lump with a mucous layer over it.