• * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 20ppm
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0ppm 
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.1ph
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.1ph
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api freshwater master kit drops
      • * Water temperature? 22deg C
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 400L running 6 months, filters running two years
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Sunsun style canisters 2 @2000Lphr ea
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 90 to 100% every 4 to 5 days
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 100% 3 days ago
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?7 fish total; Tango 1 inch SL, Bodgie 2inch SL,  Lemmie 2inch SL, Zeppie 2.5 inch SL, p0dge 3.5 inch SL, Smudge 4.5inch SL, Louie 4.5 inch SL
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Fraction
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Have just swapped from vitalis sinking pelets back to Thera A + twice a day about two weeks ago, homemade alexs no float once a day, fasting one day a week.  
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? Lemmie 3 weeks ago
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Prazi blue planet tablets.
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Have just finished 5th prazi round after a QT disaster when QT tank smashed as i was leaving for a long distance important appointment, so had to throw fish into main tank as had time to do no more. Ended up with ich resolved now for 5 weeks after salt and heat and a paracite that seems to be gone now too. I will do one further week of prazi.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Im concerned about Louies eyes. One is much larger than the other, and the smaller one has a funny bump to the rear of it. The bump has been there quite a while now, maybe 6 months but is becoming more noticeable. The larger eye has always been slightly larger than  the other, but seems to have gotten much bigger in the last week.  She has grown in the last week or so quite a bit too so might be related? 
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Normal. 

DSC_0038_zpslilmj5yz.jpg

DSC_0997_zpsfjcsweff.jpg

DSC_0029_zpsq0iia03d.jpg

DSC_0028_zpscfvylo7f.jpg

What kind of meds do you have on hand hun ?

10 minutes ago, koko said:

What kind of meds do you have on hand hun ?

Hi Koko!

Yes, i have

Epsom

Salt

Silver

Metro i think?

Tetracycline 

Trisulfa

Kanaplex i think?

Pimafix

I think there might be some furan 2 in the cupboard too.

I would if those are the only two fish :) In the tank Epsom salt the tank. If they aren't I would do a QT with Epsom salt.

I would do about 4-5 days to see if the swelling would go down :)

2 minutes ago, koko said:

I would if those are the only two fish :) In the tank Epsom salt the tank. If they aren't I would do a QT with Epsom salt.

I would do about 4-5 days to see if the swelling would go down :)

Cool ill epsom them tomorrow in a seperate QT. 

Thankyou Koko! 

:thumbup2:

6 minutes ago, koko said:

:thumbup2:

Just a quick thought, that will be two med fish in 10 gal, so ill have to watch the amonia. If it rises to fast will epsoming the whole 400L tank harm the others or the filter or my anubias? 

6 minutes ago, Ree said:

Just a quick thought, that will be two med fish in 10 gal, so ill have to watch the amonia. If it rises to fast will epsoming the whole 400L tank harm the others or the filter or my anubias? 

It won't harm the plants or filters. Not to sure if you have snails and such what it would do. I would change there water if you can every day :) To keep the water nice and clean :) 

1 minute ago, koko said:

It won't harm the plants or filters. Not to sure if you have snails and such what it would do. I would change there water if you can every day :) To keep the water nice and clean :) 

Cool! Thanks koko! Ill try QT with daily wc first and monitor amonia. I have no snails only goldies in the tank so if the QT doesnt work Ill epsom the tank. 

Thanks so much Koko!  <3

Ok, i decided to treat the whole tank as QT tub space is difficult this week and ive noticed Bodgies eye is a little puffy too.  So Ive done a 90 % WC and added 2.625 teaspoons of epsom per 400L which is 1/8th teaspoon per 5 gal. Ive also added prazi in again too, their last round. Ill take photos in a few days to monitor their progress, thankyou Koko! 

Okies, these guys have had a week of epsom, followed by a back to back 200% wc.

Louies eyes remain unchanged as far as i can see.

20170220_213547_zpsxxcdf6ng.jpg

DSC_0230_zpsn2xsrzmu.jpg

Ill upload a louie video in the morning.  It doesnt want to behave tonight.