Calcium

LittleShadow

So I bought a couple of blue mystery snails about a month ago.  I was in the LFS a while back and grabbed a bottle of calcium, along with some various other items, only to find out that it says Marine (I was so excited about the calcium part I didn't even notice it beforehand!).  I was wondering if it's still safe to use in a freshwater aquarium or not, since its ingredients are deionized water, and calcium chloride.  The instructions only give dosages for a reef though, so I'm not sure how it can be used, if I can even use it.  Maybe I'm better off just taking it back and getting store credit?  Just wanted to see what you guys think - Thanks!

• Admin
11 minutes ago, LittleShadow said:

So I bought a couple of blue mystery snails about a month ago.  I was in the LFS a while back and grabbed a bottle of calcium, along with some various other items, only to find out that it says Marine (I was so excited about the calcium part I didn't even notice it beforehand!).  I was wondering if it's still safe to use in a freshwater aquarium or not, since its ingredients are deionized water, and calcium chloride.  The instructions only give dosages for a reef though, so I'm not sure how it can be used, if I can even use it.  Maybe I'm better off just taking it back and getting store credit?  Just wanted to see what you guys think - Thanks!

Can you link me the product or take a photo :) 

https://www.amazon.com/API-330D-Calcium-Marine-16-Ounce/dp/B0017JHBFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486690470&sr=8-1&keywords=API+marine+calcium

It's the same as this, thanks :) 

edit: It probably would've helped if I posted this link to begin with, lol!

Edited by LittleShadow