Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AquaAurora

RARE anubias micro, anubias petite, driftwood

Recommended Posts

note: these anubias would probably do better in small tanks like for bettas rather than in 50+gallon goldfish tanks.. they are TINY plants-look at my finger holding the micro below.

*RARE* Anubias Micro
Rare and extremely tiny anubias plant-smaller than petite!  I've had these plants for over 2 years.  Healthy algae free, snail free, duckweed and riccia free.  No scuds or detritus worms from their tank either.

comparison shot: micro left, petite right
020_zpsgn2ikpfr.jpg

micro for sale, take it all all for $35
022_zpskscq9jxq.jpg


Anubias Petite
Anther small leafed anubias species, but larger than micro.
petite for sale, take it all for $30
021_zpsvufzk4tr.jpg

Buy all the micro and petite for $60
025_zpsq5omvavu.jpg

Driftwood
2 large ghost wood pieces, LxWxH (as shown in photo) 32x12x4" the other is  30x17x4"
take both for $10 ($5 each) + cost of shipping (please pm me you zip so i can calculate shipping cost)
016_zpsfqbnpj7h.jpg
008_zpslbpscm8j.jpg


Plant shipping: I ship Monday through Thursdays 2 day priority mail small flat rate box.  Shipping cost of plants is $7.  If you buy everything (plants and driftwood) anubias will be shipped separately from wood to avoid damaging the plants.

Edited by AquaAurora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Beautiful plants and wood. 

thank you ^^

 

all the anubias is gone.  driftwood still available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AquaAurora said:

thank you ^^

 

all the anubias is gone.  driftwood still available.

I LOVE wood!!!!   :teehee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without starting a flame war, micro is nana petite. Several European nurseries and various botanists have confirmed this. As to why some people can keep them tiny, no one knows, but it's not a different species (in fact, I've got some that could be considered micro, which doesn't make much sense since I clipped it from a more normal sized nana petite some 8 months ago). The only known anubias smaller than petite is pangolino.

Very healthy plants though and an excellent price. That clump of petite is probably worth $150 here in Australia.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

I LOVE wood!!!!   :teehee

I could make all sorts of 'wood' jokes but don't know what kiddies might see and get in trouble asking their moms what the jokes mean.

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Without starting a flame war, micro is nana petite. Several European nurseries and various botanists have confirmed this. As to why some people can keep them tiny, no one knows, but it's not a different species (in fact, I've got some that could be considered micro, which doesn't make much sense since I clipped it from a more normal sized nana petite some 8 months ago). The only known anubias smaller than petite is pangolino.

Very healthy plants though and an excellent price. That clump of petite is probably worth $150 here in Australia.

 

 

I understand that petite was derived from nana, and micro from that, but they never grow remotely near the size of a nana.  I've had mine for 2+ years, they've more than quadrupled in rhizome length/leaf count since buying but stay compact (micro leaves are smaller than my pinky nail, petite smaller than an index nail.  Doesn't matter if they're in very low light with lean ferts, or medium with a lot of ferts.

When I've cut and grown out nana clippings from small offshoot rhizomes they don't stay compact like petite and micro in my tanks-rhizome eventually gets thicker and leaves get larger.

 

I'm sorry plants/fish can cost so much in your country, but with the climate just about anything would thrive invasive-ly there so I can understand the strict import laws/high price of plants grown in country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen, micro is only considered a thing in the US. Everywhere else it's just treated as nana petite. How big are the leaves in millimetres? I'll compare it to my 'micro'. If you still have some, you should grow it on emersed and then reacclimate it. It probably won't stay so micro (at least that's what seems to happen). This is purely speculation, but I suspect it does something kind of like riccia when it changes to a sinking form - a kind of adaptation that can be reset if you can be bothered.  

And there's no need to apologise. I could care less about the cost of plants, but it's an interesting comparison. They don't cost more because of any regulation, they just cost more because there's no demand. There's over 500 plants in the aquarium trade, I have access to a lot you probably don't and vice versa. 

Edited by Daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

From what I've seen, micro is only considered a thing in the US. Everywhere else it's just treated as nana petite. How big are the leaves in millimetres? I'll compare it to my 'micro'. If you still have some, you should grow it on emersed and then reacclimate it. It probably won't stay so micro (at least that's what seems to happen). This is purely speculation, but I suspect it does something kind of like riccia when it changes to a sinking form - a kind of adaptation that can be reset if you can be bothered.  

And there's no need to apologise. I could care less about the cost of plants, but it's an interesting comparison. They don't cost more because of any regulation, they just cost more because there's no demand. There's over 500 plants in the aquarium trade, I have access to a lot you probably don't and vice versa. 

I've sold mine so I can't grab a one to measure, but here are some old photos showing size difference in fractional inches

008_zpsd6lczo9p.jpg
010_zps2lababcl.jpg
011_zpslrbtwkwe.jpg
012_zpsmgwnsjmn.jpg

 

Also at the top of the thread, first photo shows the largest micro leaf against the largest petite leaf-micro's largest leaf stay smaller than petites small new leaf growth.

Edited by AquaAurora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AquaAurora said:

I could make all sorts of 'wood' jokes but don't know what kiddies might see and get in trouble asking their moms what the jokes mean.

I understand that petite was derived from nana, and micro from that, but they never grow remotely near the size of a nana.  I've had mine for 2+ years, they've more than quadrupled in rhizome length/leaf count since buying but stay compact (micro leaves are smaller than my pinky nail, petite smaller than an index nail.  Doesn't matter if they're in very low light with lean ferts, or medium with a lot of ferts.

When I've cut and grown out nana clippings from small offshoot rhizomes they don't stay compact like petite and micro in my tanks-rhizome eventually gets thicker and leaves get larger.

 

I'm sorry plants/fish can cost so much in your country, but with the climate just about anything would thrive invasive-ly there so I can understand the strict import laws/high price of plants grown in country.

 

I understand!!!!  :teehee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...