Sign in to follow this  
waya

Changing color

My little red capped fantail seems like she maybe changing color on me. She was all white now seem to have a lightly golden stomach. In person I can tell there's the white and gold but it's not as noticeable as the picture makes it seem. She's about 2 inchs so still just a little baby.

Does this mean she's going to orange you think?

20170122_200511%202.jpg20170122_223004.jpg20170122_200524.jpg

Green foods sometimes make a fish that is white change colors. nothing to worry about :thumbs:

Cute little guy I may say :)

Yea like Koko said, food can affect their colour, my calicos often get bright yellow in their white patches :) She could also be going through a colour change and end up all orange, you just never know what goldies are going to do as far as their colour goes!

She is a beautiful fish!

Thank you Koko. Thank to FishyMandy

She is a cutie, its the 1st and only time I ever saw a fantail looking like a red cap oranda lol. I wish she'd let me get a better picture. She a very nice fish I love her color and fins. I don't want her to change but even if she does at least her personality and fins (may still grow more) shouldn't change all to much. I really like the length of her fins and they seem to look very equal. Her and my black moon have the best body/fin shape in my opinion not to say I dislike my oddballs as I like them to. I have a all orange ryukin and really like how she shines but I hope Capy doesn't get all orange, thought i like her pure white and orange I can't say I don't like the gold to. 

There color changes are something that makes them very interesting to me. I can't say that I didn't pick them for there color but I also watch them and pick them for who catches my eye with how they act and swim. I have a few I can't wait to see change colors and others I don't want to.

I really do like just who different they all are, color, personality, the way they hold themselves and swim. My Big Boy(profile pic) is my favorite but almost everyone keeps trying to be my favorite.

This is how they really can change colors :)

compfi.jpg

This was the end result :)

8.jpg

All those stages look so pretty. I'd still have been both sad and happy at the same time to see a change like that. Is a very nice looking fish. I love the cute face and big round body.

10 hours ago, waya said:

All those stages look so pretty. I'd still have been both sad and happy at the same time to see a change like that. Is a very nice looking fish. I love the cute face and big round body.

I have learned over the years with fish, that they will change color.

Depends on genetics and foods. Dont worry :)