Sign in to follow this  
RosiBosi

How often can I do the anesthetic procedure with clove oil for wen trimming ?

Hi guys, this evening i had to do the wen trimming procedure to my oranda. The left eye was fully covered so he was inactive and you know that bottom and corner sitting.. I was sure about the problem- blindness because of the huge wen. Everything went normal and now he is moving and searching for food as he was before. The problem is that his wen is growing and growing so fast and I wasnt able to cut everything that should be cut, because I had only one small scissor on hand. Next time I will buy everything I need. My question is, if the wen grows quickly enough(again), can I do that procedure after a month, so I could do it more carefully and precise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure! No real limits on anesthetic if the fish is tolerating it.  A month is plenty of time passed to try again, but if only be cautious if the fish seemed stressed or slow to recover normal respiration after the clove oil was gone.

10 a lot for the help. I was surprised how fast he recovered from the clove oil- only 5-7 minutes and he was in perfect shape and acted like nothing happened at all. Thank you again, appreciate U a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk