Because everyone else was getting a Betta........

Mr.B

• Supporter

I have been wanting to get a new betta for a long time, but the chain stores near me do not take very good care of their bettas, so I was refusing to buy from them and had planned on getting one from a breeder or an importer in the spring (still planning on that, but shhhhhhhh it's a secret!). Anyway, I was visiting a town a few hours down the road and happened to visit a store that had happy, healthy looking fish. Since so many people have been getting betta fish lately and I was getting uber jealous about it and because I really liked this fish I got him and brought him home and named him Pearl.

3e286721916da11275967909e5fb682d.jpg

.........he seemed more like a "Pearl" when he was in his cup. Plus, that picture is all hair and makeup. His colors are more iridescent and purple-blue in person. Anyway, he's a pretty fish........you get the point.

Thanks for looking. :)

Very cool! :nana
I have never really been a betta person, but like you said Kokos folk have been all over them lately and I'm coming to see there appeal :teehee

• Supporter
14 hours ago, Daniel E. said:

Looks healthy and pretty :) is that the Orchid coloration

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what it would be called. I am trying to learn more about color and tail types, but I'm still dumbfounded by much of the information so far. I think he's a metallic rose-tail. I also think he may be a dragon scale type as well, but I can't say for sure. There was another fish next to him that had the same finnage and similar coloration that was labeled a dragon scale, but I would bet these fish could have come from the same spawn even though they were labeled as different types. 

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Pearl appreciated them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So handsome :D

his name cracks me up :teehee very cute!

Edited by Flipper