Planted Tank 2.0

Daniel

Over Christmas I tore down my old tank and set this up. It's an aquascaping tank, so the glass is ultra low iron and crystal clear. Volume wise it's not too large (about 30 US gallons), but it has a really nice footprint. The 45cm front to back is great! 

Flora: Anubias nana petite, blyxa japonica, crypt wendtii brown, crypt wendtii green, crypt nevilli, crypt balansae, cyperus helferi, ludwigia super red mini, narrow leaf java fern, lobelia cardinalis mini, micranthemum monte carlo, Sydney fissidens. 

Fauna: A pair of electric blue rams (Bonnie and Clyde), neon tetras and white fin ornate tetras. 

Here's a quick video I filmed to document day 7. Don't forget to click HD. :)

Edited by rock4life

• Supporter

Great video, Dan. I was surprised to see the list of plants you have in there. It doesn't look like there are that many different varieties at first glance and I can't say that I found all of them, but it was fun looking for them and the fish. That ludwigia you had mentioned in LTAF, is it the plant you can see poking out from behind the java fern?

6 minutes ago, shakaho said:

Nice!

Thanks, Sharon!

3 minutes ago, Mr.B said:

Great video, Dan. I was surprised to see the list of plants you have in there. It doesn't look like there are that many different varieties at first glance and I can't say that I found all of them, but it was fun looking for them and the fish. That ludwigia you had mentioned in LTAF, is it the plant you can see poking out from behind the java fern?

Yeah, that's it. I'll snap a photo for you tomorrow. It sort of varies from a deep burgundy to a dark orangeish red depending on conditions. Mines the latter colour at the moment, which I'm pretty pleased with. In America it's sold as (or a very similar plant - it's debated) ludwigia palustris. Most of the plants are visible too. I think minus the Sydney Fissidens, blyxa and the crypt balansae, you should be able to see everything. The Fissidens and blyxa are purely for my enjoyment, they can only be seen from the top. :)

• Supporter
12 hours ago, rock4life said:

@Mr.B Here you go, Dan. Here's the ludwigia. :)

31364574103_0216ce0db2_z_d.jpg

32026495482_4d9067ebec_z_d.jpg

Wow, that is a stunning plant, especially form the top. I find that I really enjoy the top view of planted tank just as much as the front view. Thanks for the photos, Dan. :)