Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titch

Help! part 2

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, koko said:

I don't know if the Fluke solve will kill them it doesn't kill crustys at all :o I believe too they can take a high amount of salt too :o

yup little holes little snails and these will take over :o

Brilliant. Not. How can I get rid, if at all?

Did you see my pic of the FS packet? How do you want me to dose & change water?

When/how should I add Winston back in? He's currently in pure water (no main tank water), 0.1% salt & 25 drops of silver.

Am I dosing Metroplex at the same time as FS? Am I adding salt to the main tank also?

And finally (for now anyway) do you think it's a good idea to trash my plants? 

Edited by titch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, titch said:

Brilliant. Not. How can I get rid, if at all?

Going to have to think about this :o 

4 minutes ago, titch said:

Did you see my pic of the FS packet? How do you want me to dose & change water?

When/how should I add Winston back in? He's currently in pure water (no main tank water), 0.1% salt & 25 drops of silver.

Am I dosing Metroplex at the same time as FS? Am I adding salt to the main tank also?

And finally (for now anyway) do you think it's a good idea to trash my plants? 

Yes I did hun.... Keep him that way for now... Im asking the Mod team about the Metro and FS since I have used the General Cure for my tanks :)

So hold on :)

Well Let me look and see the safest way to deal with these buggers :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koko said:

Going to have to think about this :o 

Yes I did hun.... Keep him that way for now... Im asking the Mod team about the Metro and FS since I have used the General Cure for my tanks :)

So hold on :)

Well Let me look and see the safest way to deal with these buggers :) 

Okey doke. Do you want me to start adding main tank water into the QT, to start getting him used to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, titch said:

Okey doke. Do you want me to start adding main tank water into the QT, to start getting him used to it?

yes go ahead hun since these are just snails it shouldn't hurt :)

 

As for your snail issue hun... You can either nuke the tank (meaning take all the gravel and plants and filter and clean them all... Or you could go the Assasin Snail route they will eat every snail out there even your other ones :yikes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, koko said:

yes go ahead hun since these are just snails it shouldn't hurt :)

 

As for your snail issue hun... You can either nuke the tank (meaning take all the gravel and plants and filter and clean them all... Or you could go the Assasin Snail route they will eat every snail out there even your other ones :yikes 

OK, I'll start tonight & bring him up to 20%.

As for assassins.....nope! Love my nerite guys too much. And then I'd be stuck with assassins. 

I'll give the tank a thorough clean this weekend. No gravel, so shouldn't be toooooooo much of a chore. She says, hopefully! :teehee

Is there anything I can use to clean/soak the plants & filter in that would eradicate them or is a thorough clean enough?

Edited by titch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, titch said:

OK, I'll start tonight & bring him up to 20%.

As for assassins.....nope! Love my nerite guys too much. And then I'd be stuck with assassins. 

yup :teehee 

16 minutes ago, titch said:

I'll give the tank a thorough clean this weekend. No gravel, so shouldn't be toooooooo much of a chore. She says, hopefully! :teehee

thats what they always say :rofl 

16 minutes ago, titch said:

Is there anything I can use to clean/soak the plants & filter in that would eradicate them or is a thorough clean enough?

Bleach or PP hun I like PP if you can find it... 

http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/information-on-getting-rid-of-unwanted-snails.html

Now just remember don't put your filter Media in this or you will loose your cycle hun :o That wouldn't be good :thud 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koko said:

Now just remember don't put your filter Media in this or you will loose your cycle hun :o That wouldn't be good :thud 

Haha!!! Yeah, like I haven't got enough problems! I won't. 

He's now in 20% main tank water, 0.1% salt & 25 drops of silver. 

Belly has cleared. Spot to rear of wen (left) still there. 

Will his missing scales grow back eventually?

12C62614-C2E6-4EAF-B152-3767D630EFF1_zps

70384951-BC00-40C1-AC75-066AFF290E23_zps

4EA185B8-3148-4B6A-8157-194528400AA7_zps

E7ADA094-6B45-472A-971E-88CC84091A02_zps

40F010C6-F5D7-4511-845B-6F607B366B40_zps

59131F6A-33FC-496C-9871-7124A91C8AD2_zps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titch said:

Will his missing scales grow back eventually?

Yes scales grow back just takes time. :(

If you can get a better shot of that tail. Its my main concern right now :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koko said:

If you can get a better shot of that tail. Its my main concern right now :) 

I'm sorry - the lighting is really poor & he's always moving. 

Just taken these for you - I tried my best. I'll focus more on the tail in my updates...

58D7E0E0-ECFB-4E01-B776-7D82C6273579_zps

C8DA0903-53A8-4954-935C-1B203AE4BB0D_zps

A742E341-C58E-4351-8403-3FB5D7A72091_zps

F288D87A-1D8F-4CDF-BF8F-EF7938A81A09_zps

65426058-58E8-42F9-982C-69640A652B8E_zps

B0B3C0DC-9D4E-4F1E-A809-8D98C42337FF_zps

8BA5148B-4553-47F8-90DB-498DD6D93933_zps

528A6F98-4611-4500-B96D-7BDA0640B8A3_zps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of pics tonight. Wen & sides are fine, red spot to rear of wen just about gone. New red spot on belly. 

CB0BAD74-AB0D-469E-8C00-EE96C355A9E8_zps

502AC09B-B4A2-4524-BFB5-6704F90AFB3F_zps

D9E8BE86-ACE9-4CF9-ADF6-57CCCD12E62B_zps

D71DECC7-F540-4E8F-BEE3-58E5444B8E80_zps

3AC67D7A-A84F-431B-B3A9-5520A6AD703D_zps

6594B31D-F36A-4CA5-99BE-BC37FC9A1D65_zps

DC8E27F1-778F-4840-9EC4-CC5DE373DBD6_zps

2A60EBA2-B518-43BD-9C08-7310BB986899_zps

525BF0C3-2506-4DEA-970A-F0F48E2FF909_zps

EA0F3ADE-E369-4906-A2AA-2D37CCA920CD_zps

7A5FE14A-80F1-4097-B359-815C14DC1A25_zps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday update...

10647638-5D00-49F4-94FE-93F66C07E818_zps

1173C812-C87F-4AED-99A0-0FB7763BFBD8_zps

C666BB76-7FCD-4640-A98B-63F57459E43E_zps

905DD816-9817-4981-8A26-98D33E23AD02_zps

1F1F1DC7-02B1-4AE2-9396-19829DAE9937_zps

6C1A65BE-C658-4719-9D2A-9C957A559847_zps

D5CA345E-4F17-4BEB-8588-C0B0B58A6DFC_zps

21804BC5-D404-4898-81D6-E4565AFF9AE7_zps

B57A6F06-84D3-4216-91E2-B49CAED92315_zps

632A0391-9384-4392-99E8-BC4677289421_zps

A1DCD684-3FCD-41AD-8E38-3A04DB0386AE_zps

13F8569A-4B86-4535-BE59-F0C4D1C0344D_zps

Now @ 40% main tank water. 25 drops of silver & 0.1% salt. 

Nerites being removed from main tank tomorrow in readiness for FS and/or metro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok on the Metro and FS I want you to do what the instructions say on the package. :)

I would like to see how he would do in .2% salt for two days :) and silver :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, koko said:

Ok on the Metro and FS I want you to do what the instructions say on the package. :)

Am I doing both together? For 14 days yes? How many scoops of metro, 1 or 2 per 40 litres?

There's no mention of WC on either packet. What do you suggest? Currently changing 60 litres on Tuesday's & Thursday's, 90 litres on Sunday's. 

10 minutes ago, koko said:

I would like to see how he would do in .2% salt for two days :) and silver :)

I'll go up the salt now. Am I still ok to use main tank water also? Will be increasing to 50% tomorrow. 

Also, do you want me to hold off on FS & metro til Winston is back in the main tank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, titch said:

Am I doing both together? For 14 days yes? How many scoops of metro, 1 or 2 per 40 litres?

Together. Yes.  I would go with 1 :) 

9 hours ago, titch said:

There's no mention of WC on either packet. What do you suggest? Currently changing 60 litres on Tuesday's & Thursday's, 90 litres on Sunday's. 

Every 48 hours :) 

9 hours ago, titch said:

I'll go up the salt now. Am I still ok to use main tank water also? Will be increasing to 50% tomorrow. 

yes :) 

9 hours ago, titch said:

Also, do you want me to hold off on FS & metro til Winston is back in the main tank?

yes :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, koko said:

Every 48 hours :) 

Ref WC with FS, I'm not sure how to dose. Metro says to dose every 2 days so that makes sense to me, but with FS its just a single dose for the week. But if I'm changing water so often I'll be removing the med. Sorry if I'm being thick. I guess I could make up a solution to keep in the fridge and redose with that each time. Is that what you want me to do? Will need to know how much water I'm changing with each WC though in order to calculate.

Also am I ok to change 60 litres every other day? Or more? Less?

Winston is handling 0.2% salt fine so far. Wen patch to rear is still there as is belly spot. Everything else fine (except for that darn tail, obvs!).

Its been gloriously sunny today, so he's been enjoying that today.

He'll be going into round 2 of 0.2% salt shortly with 50% main tank water & 25 drops of silver.

EAE2F032-2E58-4BB2-A8C3-5D3C9E411523_zps

B471FBF0-67C0-4F69-A742-5A08F2FB29FE_zps

EA269DF5-427E-4A97-AB0D-964CE1A0AB59_zps

5342DBBE-3C29-499A-9E5B-D8D73D796E43_zps

1314B4EC-B233-4FD8-AC07-266591381DF2_zps

EC85CB50-8D8E-42D9-A592-4F2E1D4F5F5B_zps

435604DB-AEF1-4710-8A79-61DBC69FBEDE_zps

E6E2A13F-949E-41D3-B4BA-54A9910872EC_zps

8D04D723-2936-4E09-8381-8AA805C6B276_zps

Main tank has had a good clean but I'll no doubt spot some more of the critters that I've missed. They'll be destroyed on sight!! 

Nerites have been removed as have all the plants. Piggy looks bored in his completely bare tank. Bless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titch said:

Ref WC with FS, I'm not sure how to dose. Metro says to dose every 2 days so that makes sense to me, but with FS its just a single dose for the week. But if I'm changing water so often I'll be removing the med. Sorry if I'm being thick. I guess I could make up a solution to keep in the fridge and redose with that each time. Is that what you want me to do? Will need to know how much water I'm changing with each WC though in order to calculate.

Nope your not hun... Okay Dokay :)

Lets to the FS first for a week like it says. Change the water then do the Metro... I don't want you confuse your life to much here... So lets just do it that way :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tail looks a little better its not so Angry looking :rofl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, koko said:

Nope your not hun... Okay Dokay :)

Lets to the FS first for a week like it says. Change the water then do the Metro... I don't want you confuse your life to much here... So lets just do it that way :) 

So should I just dose the FS & leave for a week, controlling Ammonia with prime? Or do you want me doing partial WC, redosing the FS as I go using a solution from the fridge? 

Am I using salt @ 0.3% like i did last time, increasing by 0.1% every 12 hours to get there?

24 minutes ago, koko said:

Tail looks a little better its not so Angry looking :rofl 

Pleased you think so. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, titch said:

So should I just dose the FS & leave for a week, controlling Ammonia with prime? Or do you want me doing partial WC, redosing the FS as I go using a solution from the fridge? 

Ok Im having a brain farts are US to today :o

 

Day one..... FS

Day two .... Metro

Day three.... Water change then FS 

Day four..... Metro....

Day five....Water change FS

Day 6 ... Metro...

Continue like that for 2 weeks hun :)

 

 

38 minutes ago, titch said:

Am I using salt @ 0.3% like i did last time, increasing by 0.1% every 12 hours to get there?

No 

38 minutes ago, titch said:

Pleased you think so. :)

Well its not the prettiest tail at the party :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, koko said:

Ok Im having a brain farts are US to today :o

 

Day one..... FS

Day two .... Metro

Day three.... Water change then FS 

Day four..... Metro....

Day five....Water change FS

Day 6 ... Metro...

Continue like that for 2 weeks hun :)

Ah ok.

And just to continue my brain fart... I'm redosing the FS using a pre-made solution (i.e. replacing what I've removed), right?

And I'm ok to do 60 litres per WC or should it be more in light of the Metro? Will it be creating too high a concentration of Metro to just replace 60 litres if I'm dosing a whole scoop every couple of days?

30 minutes ago, koko said:

Well its not the prettiest tail at the party :) 

How rude!!!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titch said:

Ah ok.

And just to continue my brain fart... I'm redosing the FS using a pre-made solution (i.e. replacing what I've removed), right?

If you have to make the FS that way yup :) Just re dosing the same amount every time :) 

1 minute ago, titch said:

And I'm ok to do 60 litres per WC or should it be more in light of the Metro? Will it be creating too high a concentration of Metro to just replace 60 litres if I'm dosing a whole scoop every couple of days?

I would do a 60% water change hun :) 

1 minute ago, titch said:

How rude!!!:P

Awe but its getting a little better :duckk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, koko said:

If you have to make the FS that way yup :) Just re dosing the same amount every time :) 

Okey doke. Think I've got it. :blink: :teehee

Getting excited about reuniting Winston & Piggy. Can't wait!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday update...

Belly spot has gone. Redness to left rear of wen has gone. 

New red patch to right rear of wen. And we've lost another scale. you airstone!! There's also a weird yellowy bit behind right gill plate.

Have tried to take a few of tail. Please note the tail looks much redder if viewed from below. From the top it looks duller.

I guess perhaps that means the blood 'clot' is actually on the underneath & we're seeing a cloudy/duller version through the tail? He moves so much it's difficult to picture & his tail is forever curled over when he's at rest. I did my best. 

Had to hold him for a few pics as he was playing hard to get today.

He's gone into 3rd dose @ 0.2% salt, 50% main tank water & 25 drops. 

How do you want me to proceed?

CB61B3E1-DBFE-4011-B80D-818063565D59_zps

D7FB8E2D-78F6-46B9-B221-4F2125C7F6D9_zps

A51C15E6-4851-479C-AEB7-4AAC14E50477_zps

4A479D3F-4A4E-408E-97B2-8BCC5E4C846D_zps

Here you can see the tail appears redder - it's curled so you can see the underneath.

FAF2B2E1-3087-4431-A30D-027EF7E2DD27_zps

316624F5-4D32-43A8-A05A-D4A4714D7A2D_zps

DEAB38A5-1685-4879-9368-253BD507F269_zps

48243AC6-15D9-4500-8B8F-386C6E170BD3_zps

B103E869-5A98-43F5-B373-F30046C9D19A_zps

4AA49EAF-D624-482B-A475-E50E7228E024_zps

Edited by titch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok hun..  Then lets get him ready to go back to the main tank hun... :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, koko said:

Ok hun..  Then lets get him ready to go back to the main tank hun... :) 

Oooooh.... Exciting!!

You're going to have to walk me through this I'm afraid.

Do I need to remove the salt from QT beforehand (i.e. decrease the salt over next few days before he can go in) or is that no real biggie?

I have the bag to float him in. Do i need to add main tank water to it every so often? How long should I float him for?

How soon after can I start the FS/metro?

Sorry, never reintroduced after QT before. Yet another lesson for me!

Edited by titch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...