Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

20 gallon tank (garbage)

So with my recent oopsie daisy fish purchase, I've decided I need to get a 30 gallon tank over this 20 gallon. Been wanting to do this anyway since the stand is for a 30 gallon tank anyway.

The 20 gallon will be slated for junk. It has a small leak coming from the upper seam that I can't be bothered to reseal and the water level has merely been pulled down below the leak level.

Nowhere to store and it's just a BAD size tank for me. Lady who sold it to me ages ago said it was 30 gallon, but it's not. The hood is also damaged and the light in the hood doesn't work.

Its currently running with a few plants, which I plan on removing and putting elsewhere, and a ton of brown mucky stuff all over it. Back and bottom painted black. Will soon tear down and dispose. Very old, in shoddy condition.

I'm in Atlanta, very few people here are from there and have a need for basically garbage - but if so, free pickup. Will be emptied and cleaned.

I'm not going to use CL because I won't even bother trying to sell this to anybody and don't really wish to take it to anybody nor do I trust most people there for free pickup like I do Kokos members.

Thanks for reading.

post-25299-0-11595600-1480085227_thumb.j

I have a twenty and don't love the size either. Twenty longs are a little more useful and I have used my twenty for a larger hospital tank, but they're just not great for goldfish related ventures.

I hope you can find someone to take it off your hands.

Thanks Taryl. Really useless size this 20H is. Takes up too much space and too small for two fish. I think if Citrine mush grows into anything biggish, he will get a 20L probably. If not, he stays where he is. Added in that this tank is old and wearing out, I just don't need it anymore.

Can you donate it to a charity that has a thrift store?

They'd need to come get it and it has a leak and really shouldn't be sold AS IS. No such charities will pick up glass items.

This tank is actually still sitting on the porch. Our garbage men refused to take it as well so it's just sitting under the porch chair.