Neptune's Anniversary

FishyMandy

• Helper

Great job with him! His color and pattern stayed so stable! If anything the colors just got more saturated, very cool!

He has got a lot more colour in his tail now and definitely saturated more! :D Thank you!

Happy anniversary! He really colored up didn't he?!

Thanks Taryl :D He sure did. I love the yellow in him

• Helper

Yea he is a lot more lemony and has got more colour in his fins now but hasn't grown much. He did recently decide to show off his manliness with a few breeding stars though lol. A few of my pondies have got them now too. It is the season!

Callisto got his breeding stars while still alone in QT and only 8 grams. Omen was next, I saw his as summer ended. Then Patiska was next as fall was JUST beginning. All the fish got them while under 15 grams and none of them mature. Weird!

I see a small outtie vent on Randy, and no breeding stars on Robin and what I THINK is a girly vent. There are more boys than girls definitely out there. And a short while ago, someone dropped tons of eggies in my main tank. Again, all fish under 15 grams and not mature. I now see a wee outtie vent on Shembje, and she was the suspected egg dropper anyway since she's rounder than the others.

Telling gender on the wee ones is SO DIFFICULT!

• Helper

My two year olds in the pond are still tiny little comets, still small enough to hold in my hand and on of them got his breeding stars this year lol. 

I find telling gender hard most of the time anyway, though I'm getting a bit better

Edited by FishyMandy