Sign in to follow this  
FishyMandy

Pond Gang in Tank (PIC HEAVY (36 Pics))

I gave the pond a big clean today so took the guys out to get photos! They look a lot bigger in the tank than in pond. Some have grown a lot more than I thought!

Things to note

1) Sorry about all the crud floating around. I caught a lot of it while trying to catch fish lol

2) Tiny's tail especially looks awful. She has had fin problems constantly for the 2.5 years I've had her. At this stage they aren't getting worse but aren't getting better either. She seems happy though!

3) The orange and brown comets are Tiger and Calis babies. They just turned 2 years old! They are still really small but have grown a lot more than I thought they had. I love Rusty (The Brown one with the longest tail) the most. He reminds me so much of his dad

zpF1aGr.jpg

Mz1slx0.jpg

zCK1EId.jpg

HJD57YG.jpg

GPRpK1g.jpg

YNgwlFV.jpg

maftMEL.jpg

Vbj3JFl.jpg

OCqupyX.jpg

yQnc818.jpg

uyJtfEb.jpg

4tChxlF.jpg

JUsIDFG.jpg

pvR0qkW.jpg

g9NlOA7.jpg

sq5CkVV.jpg

Gw77lW4.jpg

3ziDSF2.jpg

eoAQKBz.jpg

L1n6jjR.jpg

G2uWeiY.jpg

o3RWX93.jpg

g2KmvAc.jpg

6Ok5DF0.jpg

EJR1Hx8.jpg

zahVPrn.jpg

uAIRjUs.jpg

4OxEqN7.jpg

xtQAkze.jpg

BI7487S.jpg

j9j0nHV.jpg

MagbJ4E.jpg

nV3Ts1w.jpg

SlHmMlb.jpg

2ORezMh.jpg

Lovely pond and boy that is a lot of fish.

Oh that Tele and the chocolate ones are my fave :heart

Lovely pond and boy that is a lot of fish.

Thanks Angie! And yep :o 18 fish in the pond. It was a massive task catching them all! Seeing them in the tank made me really want some of them inside :rofl Can't do that though. 

Oh that Tele and the chocolate ones are my fave :heart

Thanks Koko! You mean Papi the Orange and White tele? The chocolate ones are so special to me since they are Tiger and Cali's babies. I'm so glad I kept them

I love chocolate fish :teehee

Hmm Ill just type in here then 

:teehee

Edited by Speckles

I love the teles too. I want more butterflies. I keep thinking to myself "I could put 2 more fish in my main tank and still be at 15g per fish" (which I was at for a few months before I got my bedroom tank setup) It was especially hard because my local petstore is having a sale on butterflies, they are only small but they are 2 for $24 and they are normally like $30 each around here D:

Oo, that is hard!

Oo, that is hard!

Very!!! It took a lot for me to not look in that tank!

I could still fit 4 more fish in the pond and be at 20g per fish but I really want some butterflies for inside lol I need another tank! :rofl

Ooo more pretty fish for me to drool over :D

Hehe I'm glad you like them! No drool in the pond though, please! :rofl

Sorry where are my manners, I will bring a bucket next time to prevent drool in the pond :rofl

Sorry where are my manners, I will bring a bucket next time to prevent drool in the pond :rofl

Thank you! :rofl 

Thank you! :rofl

No problem :D got to keep the water clean and help out a hobbyist wherever possible :rofl

They look really good except for the white comet in the seventh picture.  The purple color under the skin looks like a possible infection.  You might like to isolate that fish with some antibiotic food.

I really don't like 15 gallons for fancy goldfish in an aquarium unless you use a large pond-type filter or sump to increase the volume of the system.  

Have you considered something like this:

The very shallow water allows you to keep more fish per volume.  Breeders of show fancies often grow out their young fish in 4" deep water, stocking at a level of 3-5 gallons per fish, feeding massive amounts of food several times a day, with just a sponge filter.  Needless to say, I don't recommend this for pet fish, but it does illustrate the advantage of shallow water.

Idk... My Commander is an all white fantail like the comet and he looks pinkish kinda, too. Not that much but he's not that old. Hopefully it's not a big deal?

Is tiny the white fish with the blood streaking? Citrine had that severely when I got him and it won't seem to go away all the way. I think all white fish can just be prone to this.

Nice pics!

Make sure you dont have cats with that shallow tank... :yikes. My cats would try and have a snack with a tank like that :rofl

They look amazing!!!!

I think its mainly the sunlight and him been almost transparent. And the fact that I used Auto Level on Photoshop. He doesn't look like that in person! :o

And im not actually going to get two more fish for my main tank lol. I just like to wish and dream! I have no room to put anything else permanent now lol. 

Edited by FishyMandy

But if you guys really think he should be treated Ill try to grab him out again (he is not an easy one to catch!)

OK I just tried to catch him to get better photos in not so harsh light but I'm not moving to well this morning, very sore and not much time so I'll have to try again after work. From what I can see from top view he definitely doesn't look that colour without the sun blaring right on him. But I'll try to get photos of him again this afternoon to see what you guys think. 

He has always had a lot more red in him than other white fish, I've had him about a year now. The last thing I want to do is leave a possible infection untreated though.

For now here are some more photos I took of him yesterday, as well as the original one without auto levelling in photoshop

24CJx6b.jpg

P4aOP7U.jpg

1wji17r.jpg

QQLs9nI.jpg

DDSECpZ.jpg

Edited by FishyMandy

Yes, pictures can deceive us.  My white fish often look sunburned in the summer, with pinkness on the dorsal side.  

:wub: they look wonderful!! :heart