Bunch of new goldfish

Cohazard

Aww that is a great name!!

And thankyou! Blimp is very special to me. [emoji813]

He and my telescope ranchu spawned. She's kinda calico/kinda sakura. I found two eggs which became the matte white fish, and the weird sharkfin one. I think matte fish are hard to find because they're so often culled, not necessarily because they are hard to produce... i think :hmm

Matte fish X matte fish produces all mattes.  You can also get them from nacreous x nacreous (calico x calico).  You get 50% nacreous, 25% metallic, and 25% matte.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helper

Ah wow that Tele is so beautiful!! :inlove

Some goldies do tend to do better in shallower tanks. My pond is 2.5ft deep though and my main tank 2ft. I do have a 1.5ft tank though. But I've only ever had 2 fish that started to struggle with the 2ft depth and did better when put in a shallower environment. 

I love the little yellows too. I have one like them :D

Oh Jenna is funny!!  :tomuch:

Gorgeous fish.  I like the matte red and white chu the best.  :D

Thank you! I was so pumped when I saw her swimming around the pond, I was hoping to find a fish exactly like her.

Dude I love the Pompom one. :)

Thanks dude! :toomuch: first Pom Pom I've ever kept, it was definitely an impulse. As I'm sitting here watching them, my eyes keep getting drawn to the brown fish lol

I love love love that chu and tele!!

I feel the same way. Cali's eyes are oval-ish shaped and it makes her look like a hammerhead.

More fish?! :o I wanna seee!

Tuned the lights out so they wouldn't stress. It was a 2hr car ride to get home and I had dinner with friends first.

For now, check the folded piece of paper in the box, it gives you an idea of the size of the bags.

Thanks ladies! I'm seriously lagging it on pics but I haven't snapped any I like.

QT is not so smooth sadly, couple of the fish from the pond store developed lesions so i bagan dosing prazi pro on top of the salt i added.

Edited by Serg

Sooo coool that you live within coast gem driving distances!

Oh man, when I walked in there and there were four aisle of wall to wall tanks and huge tubs full of goldfish, small to large, orandas, ryukins, ranchus, pet fish quality up to serious collector quality, i was so stoked.  FINALLY after a life time of searching, i finally found a spot that understands what goldfish collectors have been lacking in the united states.

There's another spot closer to home that also specializes in fancy goldfish, only chinese bred ones.  Coast Gem carries the Thai Giants, my favorites.  I love the huge tails.

I'm thinking about going back this weekend.

I am also partial to the unusual and first thing I saw was that Pom Pom! Love to see close ups of that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming soon for sure.  I can't wait to shoot pics of that one with my Nikon DSLR.  That fish darkened up in my tank and the chocolate became a richer brown color.

I really hope it keeps that color into adulthood.  It was pretty surreal looking down into a pond and seeing nothing but chocolate pom pom.  I picked the one I got based on the tail, looked to have some potential.

I do plan to breed my fish some day, so I always have that in the back of my mind when picking out fish.  What could I mix this with?  Sakura PomPom with matte scales and button eyes? :)

Edited by Serg

• Admin

Oh man, when I walked in there and there were four aisle of wall to wall tanks and huge tubs full of goldfish, small to large, orandas, ryukins, ranchus, pet fish quality up to serious collector quality, i was so stoked.  FINALLY after a life time of searching, i finally found a spot that understands what goldfish collectors have been lacking in the united states.

There's another spot closer to home that also specializes in fancy goldfish, only chinese bred ones.  Coast Gem carries the Thai Giants, my favorites.  I love the huge tails.

I love places like that.

I dont have one around here :(

Oh man, when I walked in there and there were four aisle of wall to wall tanks and huge tubs full of goldfish, small to large, orandas, ryukins, ranchus, pet fish quality up to serious collector quality, i was so stoked. FINALLY after a life time of searching, i finally found a spot that understands what goldfish collectors have been lacking in the united states.

There's another spot closer to home that also specializes in fancy goldfish, only chinese bred ones. Coast Gem carries the Thai Giants, my favorites. I love the huge tails.

I love places like that.

Time to move southward then :). San Diego's a lovely place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Admin

Oh man, when I walked in there and there were four aisle of wall to wall tanks and huge tubs full of goldfish, small to large, orandas, ryukins, ranchus, pet fish quality up to serious collector quality, i was so stoked. FINALLY after a life time of searching, i finally found a spot that understands what goldfish collectors have been lacking in the united states.

There's another spot closer to home that also specializes in fancy goldfish, only chinese bred ones. Coast Gem carries the Thai Giants, my favorites. I love the huge tails.

I love places like that.

Time to move southward then :). San Diego's a lovely place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

:no:

I just moved from CA about 5 years ago... I wont go back, After my mom passed (she still lived there) I have no reason to ever step foot in that state :o