Sign in to follow this  
jenzaar

You guys, I've done it! :O

:th_news:

:yikes

I have finally, officially, grown a fish to one hundred grams!!! :o :o :rockon

Yeah, I know, for many of you this is nothing, but this is three years in the making and no small feat for me! :rofl:Jig:

I present to you

Myrtle the Mammoth  :I-Thank-You:

m6Y0Gye.jpg

See, even she is shocked!

Tapwuee.jpg

dw0ScQZ.jpg

woohoooo!

Biff is almost 70g now - and probably the youngest in the tank - so who knows, maybe he'll be next :D

Edited by jenzaar

I haven't weighed any of my fish lately, but I think two or three have crossed that threshold out of eleven. I have a lot of smaller fish that will probably not ever gain big size genetically. I think Myrtle The Mammoth is great :)

Yay!! I don't think any of mine will get past 100 grams. Maybe Citrine if he makes it to adulthood. He's gaining weight already and was 61 grams as a 4-5 month old Thai Oranda. Most of mine will probably not pass 50 grams.

Edited by mjfromga

:rockon

:tbanana

Apparently Blimp was not pleased to hear the news, and has been chasing Myrtle ever since. :bat:

I haven't weighed any of my fish lately, but I think two or three have crossed that threshold out of eleven. I have a lot of smaller fish that will probably not ever gain big size genetically. I think Myrtle The Mammoth is great :)

I'm not sure the last time i weighed her, but only a few months ago i weighed the two who seemed biggest... only to be fooled :rolleyes:

I don't mind them being smaller if they're all healthy, but i do have times of asking just ONE of them to please be a big fish! :rofl

Yay!! I don't think any of mine will get past 100 grams. Maybe Citrine if he makes it to adulthood. He's gaining weight already and was 61 grams as a 4-5 month old Thai Oranda. Most of mine will probably not pass 50 grams.

I bet Citrine will given that crazy head start, and Callisto looks like he could too. Myrtle is 2 and a half now so.. she definitely took her time :teehee

Yay Myrtle!!!! :redbanana::redbanana::redbanana:

:panana woo woo!

:rofl2 that's wonderful newz! :Jig:

:Congrats:

I'm with you. I love my teensy weensy fish, but to grow a big one would be nice. If Slate had survived, I think she'd have made it. She was 70 grams without her Boo Boo and was still growing.

Callisto is bigger than the others and is a wonky breed, so we shall see! A guy at the show told me that his breed grows more in their second year so maybe! It's all exciting stuff. I've always liked wonky Myrtle and I'm glad of her wee milestone!

Edited by mjfromga

Yay! So exciting! I don't mind my fish been small if they are healthy but I'd love my guys to grow nice and big too. Most of my guys are less than 50 grams (way less for some of them). I often feel bad when I see how slow growing and small my fish are compared to other fish that seem t have massive growth spurts, feeling like I'm doing something wrong. But I don't think there is much else I can be doing! lol.

I do hope to see my guys stay healthy and keep growing though. Pinkie is my youngest now and I'm hoping she gets as big as Tiger was

:rofl2 that's wonderful newz! :Jig:

:Congrats:

:teehee thanks! :D

I'm with you. I love my teensy weensy fish, but to grow a big one would be nice. If Slate had survived, I think she'd have made it. She was 70 grams without her Boo Boo and was still growing.

Callisto is bigger than the others and is a wonky breed, so we shall see! A guy at the show told me that his breed grows more in their second year so maybe! It's all exciting stuff. I've always liked wonky Myrtle and I'm glad of her wee milestone!

thanks, I think she's really cool too.

She and the matte white one that you also like are siblings. :D They are the kids of Blimp and Betty (the telechu)

Yay! So exciting! I don't mind my fish been small if they are healthy but I'd love my guys to grow nice and big too. Most of my guys are less than 50 grams (way less for some of them). I often feel bad when I see how slow growing and small my fish are compared to other fish that seem t have massive growth spurts, feeling like I'm doing something wrong. But I don't think there is much else I can be doing! lol.

I do hope to see my guys stay healthy and keep growing though. Pinkie is my youngest now and I'm hoping she gets as big as Tiger was

Thanks Mandy. Yeah there's really not much more to do about it, but it still makes you wonder! and get jealous! :rofl

:clapping::Jig:

Congratulations!!... steroids? Lol

:SmackBottom:

oh no!!...am I in the dog house..... again?? :-)

oh no!!...am I in the dog house..... again?? :-)

Na... you just needed it :rofl

Thanks everyone! :D