Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

Close up of fishies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXHBj-Njps

This is the best way to view... the basic specs are pretty DIY and mega ugly, but it's all been one happy place for my babies all summer long. Got Robin, Omen, and Randy in early July. Got Patiska in April (so WEE), and Callisto in between those and everyone seems happy here. 

Excuse the few fall leaves and stuff, I'll pluck that stuff out later. The fish make messes. 

Your Goldfish and pond are beautiful.

They all look so happy!

Thanks everyone.

IMG_20161019_184212_zpsixrbftxj.jpg

My little babies. The pH is just always SOOO high. It comes from the tap like this and attempts to lower it have just resulted in unstable numbers and that can't be better. I hope they're okay.

Mine hovers in colour between 8.0 and 8.2.  Initial attempts to fix that only resulted in dead fish.  That was back in 2011.  I just live with it now, and the two that survived all my newbie mistakes are doing fine.  Not sure what the highest pH they can tolerate is, your water is almost off the charts!

It often goes off the chart. Its just the last color here. It's always super deep purple.

They look great!

Looking good hun. I see you have an Xbox. :teehee Im on a PS4 :)

Looking good hun. I see you have an Xbox. :teehee Im on a PS4 :)

Ah, awesome. I need to try and find a battery pack thingy for that Xbox One controller. Like it just dies so fast on my regular rechargeable batteries.

Thanks for the fishy compliment BTW. Tomorrow night will be 45° and they have a one foot deep pond. I'm going to bring them in and see how their pond temperature fares. I have a heater but it's a kinda crappy one and I am waiting on a second one.

Edited by mjfromga

Your pond looks great!

My goldies seem to do well with the high PH. When I first moved to MN and the PH was lower here (around 7.0) they struggled until I got a buffer and got it back up to an 8.0. 

Edited by goldfishgirl82

I love the sounds your pond makes.

I love the sounds your pond makes.

Thank you! It can be heard inside and from the top of the driveway. I won a nice new water pump at the Koi show and it's working great.