QT Thread for ECR Calico Orandas (Keeping Track of Sookie and Saber)

I want to keep a record of the care of Sookie and Saber before I add them to the 55.

10/12/16 and 10/13 Sookie and Saber are in the 10 g in plain primed clean water.

10/14/16= 0.1% salt (ten teaspoons)- ten gallon

10/15/16= 0.2% salt (20 teaspoons) in the 10 gal

10/16/16= 0.3% salt (30 teaspoons) in the 10 gal

Question: how long should I continue salt before starting prazi? Planning to continue 0.3% salt for two weeks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to say, if I got fish from Dandy Orandas or ECR, I definitely wouldn't salt them like that. I'd do two rounds of Prazi as per instruction and a 30 day QT if all seemed well, and then I'd chuck them in and maybe do 1 extra round of Prazi on the main tank once everyone was in.

I recall a thread a while ago where several people said they'd not use the salt and stuff if it didn't seem necessary. I really salted Ulliri because she came from the ichy tank, but some I used no salt and others only very light amounts. Taryl also said if you use PraziPro, salt may mess with it.

I've got to say, if I got fish from Dandy Orandas or ECR, I definitely wouldn't salt them like that. I'd do two rounds of Prazi as per instruction and a 30 day QT if all seemed well, and then I'd chuck them in and maybe do 1 extra round of Prazi on the main tank once everyone was in.

I recall a thread a while ago where several people said they'd not use the salt and stuff if it didn't seem necessary. I really salted Ulliri because she came from the ichy tank, but some I used no salt and others only very light amounts. Taryl also said if you use PraziPro, salt may mess with it.

Interesting. Ok. I can easily reduce their salt. Thanks.

I'm not using prazi pro. It's powdered prazi.

For the math folk (Lisa) how much prazi should I give for the 10 gallon if:

10 grams/ 1000 gallons

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm all for preventative prazi, and I always prazi my new fish.  That being said, I've never gotten one from ECR.  From what I've read on her IG posts, I think she does multiple rounds of prazi on all of her fish, starting when they're fry.  You could contact her and ask her when the last time these guys were treated... they may not need it now.

It wouldn't hurt anything to salt/prazi them.  My only concern is the more they're medicated, the less effective it'll be in the future for them (or so I've heard).

10/17 wc and decreased salt to 0.1% per kokonut recommendation

10/18 wc and 1/2 teaspoon of prazipro (liquid)

This is Sookie and Saber's first dose of prazi while being with me.

Some pics of the wc today.

They are feisty and don't want to cooperate.

f83559136918cf4c6a4800d35f0dfe0f.jpgc2c3e7707aebbcaff8dabdeb3cfefba9.jpg

Saber photo bombed Sookie

9b1313259cad313adcc2cbcfe22ff236.jpg

Besties

22d4983771124ef5823f9770429f0d48.jpg

Saber

488c2d899fc9fd9310b938fd2c410f14.jpg

Sookie

9c267813c117d66f6f53665943a10d85.jpg

Feisty indeed!  I love that pic with the super sloshing :D

If they were any bigger I'd have to double hand them because they're so crazy :rofl2

Sorry Aubrey just reading this now. :donthit:

How are they doing with the Prazi?

I just started the prazi last night. So :idont I'm using prazipro as it's easier to measure.

I cant wait to get a big baby of my own!

:teehee they are big babies she must feed them constantly plus Cynthia does wc's twice daily! She's an animal :flex:

:( they but especially Saber has a red area on his peduncle area. I did the 100% water change and primed the water as I've been doing daily. I redosed the prazipro but did not add salt as i thought it would bother the boo boo. I'd like to also say that i did notice a little something there yesterday before I started the prazipro. It's just worsened

I'd also like to add that I've been priming the water at 12 hrs after the wc as well.

acbdbbedbfeeb52ebf100e6b76db72d4.jpg

1a6cff9ce4b1da1eacf025818f253505.jpg

I'm downloading a video too

Edited by Flipper