* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 600 Litres

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2x Aqua one 2700

* How often do you change the water and how much? Every Week, 80-90%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 1 Week ago, 100% (They are getting another WC Today)

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 6 (Including the one I just took out for QT) They are 300g, 20g, 34g, 28g, 122g, 32g

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Staple is NLS Thera A+ 1-2 times a day. They also get bloodworms, seaweed and sometimes NLS Algae Gel and NLS Nutri Gel

* Any new fish added to the tank? Jasmine was added about 3-4 weeks ago after a 4 week QT, she was moved to the bedroom tank when I got that set up 2 weeks later

* Any medications added to the tank? No

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Their Last Prazi Treatment was approx. 2 months ago when they had 4 rounds.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? He is bloated and pineconing. He has had some tumors growing for quite a while, they are very slow growing and don’t seem to bother him. I have been worried about the one that is on his eye though.

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? He is swimming around a lot slower than usual.

Additional Info:

A Week ago one of my fish just dropped dead with no warning..there were no symptoms and didn’t appear to have any trauma or any external signs of illness on his body. I did a 100% WC and everyone else seemed fine.

Yesterday I noticed Tiger, my 8.5 Year old comet was pineconing.
I have taken him out and put him in a 10g QT with ½ Teaspoon of Epsom, 3.4g of Oxytetracycline Powder and 1 Tablet Trisulfa. Which is what I used in the past with Pineconing on Helens Advice, only difference is I normally use Metro as well, however I do not have any currently.

I’m wondering about the possibility of internal tumors causing this, I know that if that was the case i couldn't do anything.

The closeness of this happening to Polkas death has me worried. Everyone else seems fine at the moment But I’m just worried if there is anything else I should be doing or looking out for.              

JYvbyQU.jpg

RvgU83K.jpg

I hope all of this makes sense...I was a bit of a mess last night which is why I didn't post this any earlier.

Edited by FishyMandy

• Helper

I'm sorry! I don't believe a tumor would be causing this sort of generalized swelling, which is more common with organ damage from a virus or bacterial infection, or even those infections caused by husbandry issues (which is very likely not a factor given your tank parameters). The dropsy could even be his body shutting down, the way an elderly human can get edema from compromise heart and kidney function.

Continue the treatment you've begun and keep us posted as to how he is doing - I'd aim for two solid weeks but you should see improvement by 4-5 days if the treatment is indeed working. He is a very old fish but may still have it in him to bounce back. While a pathogen Jasmine is immune to could have been introduced into the system and made him sick, right now I would just assume this is a one-off relating to his age and health instead of something connected to the random death or even new tank mate.

If anyone else shows symptoms please let us know right away. I hope he treatment goes well!

Just wanted to add my well wishes AND Congrats on taking care of him for 8 1/2 YEARS!!!  That is inspiring to all, I am sure!! Hope all goes well!

Edited by Jeana727

• Helper

Hope Tiger feels better.

Just wanted to add my well wishes AND Congrats on taking care of him for 8 1/2 YEARS!!! That is inspiring to all, I am sure!! Hope all goes well!

I'm sorry he's not felling well, and I hope he's better soon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Loving and healing vibes to dear old Tiger!

I hope Tiger gets better soon :hug

Thank you guys :heart Edited by FishyMandy

• Helper

New Tank Photo

TWrLIKd.jpg

Are any of those logs simi hollow hun? Im worried you light have some stagnate water in there... :(

They are all solid and get moved with each waterchange to free any debris stuck under them.

Poor guy. He does look worse. That looks like a clear poo, as well. I'm rooting for him, let's hope this isn't the end. His scales are really sticking out. :(

Sorry you're dealing with this Mandy, sending lots of hugs your way.