Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

Tank size question

So I want Rhonda to live alone. I feed her differently from the baby fish and she is too slow and cumbersome to compete for food with them and she also has grown huge fins and she doesn't swim that well in the current etc. She's over a year old and she's 22 grams and 2". She's been this size since probably February. She's temporarily staying with the 3 babies in the 55.

Is it imperative that she have a 20 gallon tank? If so, I'll just have to get one but since she's very little and doesn't seem like she is growing anymore, I thought maybe I could get by with a smaller one. Any weigh ins will be appreciated.

No, she doesn't need 20 gallons.  I'd suggest that rather than using a 10 gallon aquarium that you get her a shallow ten gallon tote. Fish need exercise and the more swimming space they have, the more they swim.

It won't have any value if it did.  The value comes in more surface area and less depth than a tank of the same volume.

What I meant to ask I guess is will the tub fit on the same table. It isn't a tank stand. Guess the best thing to do is find dimensions and measure against. Thanks.

You can also add gallons of water with a nice large filter. I'm sure Sharon has some lovely 5 gallon or maybe even bigger ones.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was wondering something similar with a fish of mine. I hope you find a solution! :)

Edited by hannah