Sign in to follow this  
Chris1251

Really? Dirty thinks he/she can fit....

Chris here... dirty face thinks he/she is a tiny fish.... :rofl3

Dirty face says: "Hey! Hindenburg how do you get in here???"

4B8F22CA-8681-4CCF-BA8A-A2BC73BAB5DD_zps

That's a great picture!!!

Hee hee... SOMEONE thinks he's smaller than he actually is  :teehee

Pearlscales tend to do that until they finally push themselves into something that fatally injures them.  It took mine 3 years of practice to finally get herself so badly stuck for so long that she had internal injuries as well as scrapes and scale loss.  The surface damage healed in the hospital tank, but the internal damage proved fatal.  

Dirty face is an Oranda in the jar thingy. Hindenburg is the wee yellow pearlscale.

:teehee naughty fish :D

Pearlscales tend to do that until they finally push themselves into something that fatally injures them.  It took mine 3 years of practice to finally get herself so badly stuck for so long that she had internal injuries as well as scrapes and scale loss.  The surface damage healed in the hospital tank, but the internal damage proved fatal.

Hi Shakaho... Based on my short time with Hindenburg, I believe whole heartedly in your story.... I have almost lost him 2 or 3 times due to this little fishy being accident prone... I had put the jars in the tank as a just in case the bigger fishes bothered the little ones... But it has not been an issue... Thank goodness... The little ones have played in them almost daily, but in the last 3 or 4 days Dirty Face has decided to try to do it too. I think I'll look for a bigger wide mouth one to replace one of the smaller ones so that the bigger fishes can have their own hang out place... I'm trying to keep the tank as simple as possible so that they are all safe... :)

Awe, he thinks he is tiny :lol:

I had a jar and was told my fish would break a dorsal trying to go through it the other way. This never happened but for measure, I did end up removing the jar. I have a fish bowl in there now and my fish are teensy so easily go in and out. Hindenburg looks like he can easily fit through the jar, but big boy - nope!

I had a jar and was told my fish would break a dorsal trying to go through it the other way. This never happened but for measure, I did end up removing the jar. I have a fish bowl in there now and my fish are teensy so easily go in and out. Hindenburg looks like he can easily fit through the jar, but big boy - nope!

Chris here... I'll be out shopping today, so I'll see if I can find a bigger bowl/jar for the bigger water piggys to hang out in and take one of the smaller jars out.... something with at least a 6 inch opening for dirty face to go in and out comfortably... :happydance

:teehee thats so cute!

The more I look at this pic the more a laugh...Bahahahaha. The look on those guys faces...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at this pic the more a laugh...Bahahahaha. The look on those guys faces...

Chris here... I know!!! Hindenburg's little eyes say it all... :rofl3

Chris here... I'll be out shopping today, so I'll see if I can find a bigger bowl/jar for the bigger water piggys to hang out in and take one of the smaller jars out.... something with at least a 6 inch opening for dirty face to go in and out comfortably... :happydance

Dollar store hun... :)

Dollar store hun... :)

Hi Koko! I checked the Dollar Tree... Nothing... :(. But went to JoAnns and found a round one that works... I had a coupon :happydance I'll try to get a picture of them in it.... 2 or three get in this one at the same time... not as funny as the little jars for the little fishys, but much safer... :). Now I need to rearrange the tank so I can put it in a cuter location.... I'll do that on Tuesday, my WC day... :)

Glad you got something bigger :goodjob:As cute as that pic is, all I could think about is all of the horror stories. :hide:

:yikes