Sign in to follow this  
QandD

Nerites and Prazi?

I'm going to try snails (again), this time from a much better source that shouldn't require much QT, but I was wondering if nerites do poorly during PraziPro maintenance rounds. I've read that apple and mystery snails are unaffected, but mixed things about nerites. 

Thoughts? 

I'm sorry but when I saw the small title on the side, I thought it said "Netflix and Prazi". I was like whaaaa? Lol. I've never had nerite snails, but the Ramshorns I have seem unaffected by the Prazi.

I've also heard of different outcomes.  Some have done fine during prazi treatments but I've also heard of nerite deaths during prazi treatments.  As a result, I always remove mine when treating with prazi.  :idont

It hasn't bothered mine but they're sensitive animals and it might be best to err on the safe side.

When you remove nerites, where do you keep them? When I've quarantined them in the past in a bucket, they haven't done terribly well. Any ideas? 

I'm also hoping to feed Super Green to them if they run out of algae in the tank. Do most of yours like this?