How Long Does It Take Your Fish To Breed?

Guest Fantailkeeper

Guest Fantailkeeper

How long on average does it take your fish to start breeding after chasing has begun. Not severe chasing but when interest is rising lol. I want to know because my fish are chasing but it's taking quite a while for them to breed! Thanks

Guest Pondandfish

My comet/feeder goldfish has been chasing each other around for a month or so.

Few times they jumped out of the water.

One of them must have eggs because it is so much rounder.

But a funny thing I noticed, they seems to be chasing each other around as well.

They go in small circles chasing each other in a sort of dance or something.

I sit next to the pond all night watching dance and chase.

Pond and Fish

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pandatelescope

:o Oh I had a good breeding pair but it turned out my male died after a while .He was a great fish.Then later the female died and I'm not sure why.He did chase her until she'd give up and just sit for a little.I'm not sure on that one since my only pair had a tradject ending.They were both such great goldies.

I think I've got a new one though...oh sorry got into my little fishie world.I heard 1-2 weeks after chasing.My relative had a pair who laid eggs but they always got eaten by the plecos and she just never put them in a different tank to breed in peace.They breed about I'd say 2 weeks for them.

one night!

hahahah. i started out with one lonely black moor, and as soon as i put the next fish in, apparently randy fantail, they started chasing and spawning after about a week. they had finally quieted down, and i found my third goldie, a calico oranda, and by this morning ( i got the oranda last night) the oranda and fantail are chasing my moor and there are already eggs in the tank!

I guess it all depends on water condition and the mood of the fish.

Archived