Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bad Wolf

Setting up a Quarantine tank

I am thinking of setting up a Quarantine tank.   I could get a ten gallon tank for about ten dollars plus tax.  The problem would be placing it somewhere. 

Another option is the following  My stand for my goldfish tank is actually a double stand it has a spot for another fifty five underneath.  I am thinking I will have about seventy next week and the petco near where I work is having a dollar per gallon sale.  I have a twenty high with a swordtail male, platy female, and three corys.  I have been thinking of moving them into a 55.  I am thinking of converting the twenty high into a quarantine tank.

or maybe I can give my mum the twenty high and get a ten gallon tank to put in the same spot as the twenty.  She has been wanting to have fish.  either way I need to move the fish in the twenty high into the new fifty five if I get that.

Basically what do I need to do to set up a quarantine tank?

Just me I would get 10 gal, even place it some where it will be temp and put it away when. It in use... Then you can keep all your tanks where you have them... But like I said that is me... I would have 20 more tanks if I had the space...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 15g that I keep for Qt. In cases when I need more than one QT i use storage tubs. I just only fill to 10g when medicating. All i keep in the QT is an airstone or sponge filter for circulation, maybe a heater depending on the circumstances. I only havd it set up while in use

Edited by FishyMandy